Request Changes to EstuaryMod
Hello

I made a suggestion to the Estuarymod V2 developer, and he advised that he couldn't add it because the Video Player only display the subtitle playing, so I went to the Video Player and suggested the same, and they told me to tell this to the GUI developer, because the Video Players does display all the subtitles and that the GUI part isn't processing/forwarding it for skins.

This is an example of my suggestion, I used paint to give you two example of my suggestion please consider.

Example 1

Example 2   (On this example the word Toggle can be removed and you can leave only the word "Language" because it will be obvious)

Split from Development as requested
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-19, 23:09)abescalamis Wrote: Hello

I made a suggestion to the Estuarymod V2 developer, and he advised that he couldn't add it because the Video Player only display the subtitle playing, so I went to the Video Player and suggested the same, and they told me to tell this to the GUI developer, because the Video Players does display all the subtitles and that the GUI part isn't processing/forwarding it for skins.

This is an example of my suggestion, I used paint to give you two example of my suggestion please consider.

Example 1

i likely don't understand what you're asking for, but why don't you use the toggle language button at the bottom?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-02-19, 23:33)ronie Wrote:
(2018-02-19, 23:09)abescalamis Wrote: Hello

Example 1

i likely don't understand what you're asking for, but why don't you use the toggle language button at the bottom? 

What I meant was to display all available subtitles, the toggle button will only show you what subtitle you are playing. this is just a suggestion to make it look better, "please look at the example #2" that will give you an Idea of what I mean.

The estuary mod 2 developer said he cannot do it because the information is not in the VideoPlayer in Infolabels wiki : InfoLabels (wiki), there is only : VideoPlayer.SubtitlesLanguage -> Shows the language of the subtitle of the currently playing video (possible values: see ListItem.SubtitlesLanguage)
well if you want to see all the available languages in one overview, you can use the audio and subtitles dialog:

Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I know that, I was just giving a suggestion to make it more practical and since the skin modders cannot do that since it is missing the infolabels to do that, or maybe you guys can just add the infolabels to let the skin modders do it.

Tell you don't like it like this, =)

I don't like it like that actually; and what happens if there are lots of subs available?
i don't like it either. it doesn't match how selections are handled everywhere else in kodi.
in 99% of the cases, we use a select dialog, like in teh screenshot i've posted.
(2018-02-20, 12:28)ronie Wrote: i don't like it either. it doesn't match how selections are handled everywhere else in kodi.
in 99% of the cases, we use a select dialog, like in teh screenshot i've posted.

My suggestion was based on the fact that you cannot see the available subtitles from the "subtitle menu", instead, you will have to go to the "audio and subtitles setting" or just use the "toggle language". Please look at the fact that all of the video players show the available languages at the "subtitle menu" for a better user experience.

I would love a dialog box like the one in your screenshot, but somehow to also get that dialog box from the subtitle menu as well, by adding a button that opens that same dialog box, add a tab, you name it, whatever that opens that dialog box showing the "available subtitles"

I don't mean for this to be the default way, this is more for the skin modders but they have no way because there is no a info label for it. Can you guys add the video player infolabel for it to allow the skin modders.

Why I'm suggesting this:

For new and basic users of kodi, you will first think that you could see all of the available languages by going to the "subtitle menu", it will take a while for a user, to find out that you need to go to "audio and subtitles settings".

Remember to see this from the point of view of a new user, or people who don't dig much into the settings, I asked my wife my mom, my dad and no one could figured it out, only my son figured it out, they all first went to the subtitle menu and thought that such option didn't exist.
The Subtitle menu has just changed in V18 nightly development builds

Subtitle menu option on OSD like before

New "Subtitle settings" menu which now has all related subtitle options

From which you get the subtitle selection dialog (it have been moved to the subtitle menu from "audio and subtitles settings")

That is exactly what I meant!!! thank you guys, you rock!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request Changes to EstuaryMod0