v17 Video Stuttering consistently on Android-X86 on Intel NUC 2820
I have been running LibreELEC (Kodi v15) for several years without problem on an Intel NUC 2820.  At upgrade time, I decided to install Android-X86 Nougat 7.1 so that I could also add Netflix and Amazon Prime to the box (Android with Netflix/Amazon/Kodi works great on an Odroid-C2).

Android-X86 went in with minimal problems and Netflix and Amazon Prime are working fine.  However Kodi v17.6 from the Google play store (and several other v17 versions) will not play smooth video from any source (Streaming over the internet, Streaming from a MythTV backend or a file).

Audio is fine, but the video stutters continuously while running on Android-x86.  It almost looks like the frame buffers are out of sequence where instead of sequence 123 123 it is playing the buffers in sequence 321 321.

I removed v17 and found an Alpha v18 APK and tried that.  Stuttering is gone, but the video quality is poor (titles are aliased, blocky, etc.).  Back on v17 I have played with the Expert Settings in Settings->Display and Settings Video changing the number of buffers from 3 -> 2, setting sync with display, etc. without any change.

Any Ideas?
Always happens....work on it for 3 days, finally post question and figure it out 30 minutes later...

I turned off

"Settings -> Display -> Allow Hardware Accelerations - MediaCodec (Surface)"

while leaving on the

"Settings -> Display -> Allow Hardware Accelerations - MediaCodec"

and the problem seems to be resolved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Stuttering consistently on Android-X86 on Intel NUC 28200