Issue scraping new albums when Fetch Additional Information is on
Dave,

there seems to be some sort of issue scraping new albums 

when Prefer Online Information is off and Fetch Additional Information during Updates is on

I am running this V18 nightly KodiSetup-20180220-f6030103-master-x64.exe on windows 10 64bit

When a new album is found it seems to get added to the database ok, but then sticks at the scraping window in top right hand corner of confluence screen

if you then select stop scanning the album shows up in recently added albums

I have a debug log at https://pastebin.com/raw/JPJcge5F [please note I had to remove a large amount of of DoScan Skipping dir lines to get below pastbin 512mb limit]

The Album I added was The Blue Zone by Nic Potter the tracks are in flac format

if Fetch additional info is turned off no issues appear

The Artist exists in MusicBrainz but this specific album does not appear too

Let me know what other debug info you require
(2018-02-21, 14:02)tkgafs Wrote: The Album I added was The Blue Zone by Nic Potter the tracks are in flac format

if Fetch additional info is turned off no issues appear

The Artist exists in MusicBrainz but this specific album does not appear too

I have just tried adding another album in this case The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow 

specifically because in this case both the artist and the album exist in MusicBrainz

and the there was no issue scraping the album

so issue seems to occur when either the artist or the album does not exist in musicbrainz
(2018-02-21, 14:32)tkgafs Wrote:
(2018-02-21, 14:02)tkgafs Wrote:  
 I have just tried adding another album in this case The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow 

specifically because in this case both the artist and the album exist in MusicBrainz

and the there was no issue scraping the album

so issue seems to occur when either the artist or the album does not exist in musicbrainz 
 forgot to add the debug log for the good scrape its here https://pastebin.com/raw/NA1cRKTM
Thanks Tim. Looks like it is just repeatedly trying to scrape the album that isn't in Musicbrainz, until you stopped it.  I'll dig into it, I have not had that before.

Tell me was this the only new album when you did the library update, or were there others?
(2018-02-21, 15:27)DaveBlake Wrote: Thanks Tim. Looks like it is just repeatedly trying to scrape the album that isn't in Musicbrainz, until you stopped it.  I'll dig into it, I have not had that before.

Tell me was this the only new album when you did the library update, or were there others?
 No it was the only album, I noticed the issue a couple of a days ago so specifically set out to try and see what problem was
I think I may have seen something like this on an install I have on my HTPC that I am sort of "beta testing" my skin mod.  I did an UpdateLibrary(music) with settings prefer online OFF and fetch addl info ON.  During the scrape step it seemed to be caught in a loop.  Because it's on my HTPC it isn't as easy to trouble shoot exactly what is going on.  I will play around some on my dev system.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2018-02-21, 16:07)tkgafs Wrote:
(2018-02-21, 15:27)DaveBlake Wrote: Thanks Tim. Looks like it is just repeatedly trying to scrape the album that isn't in Musicbrainz, until you stopped it.  I'll dig into it, I have not had that before.

No it was the only album, I noticed the issue a couple of a days ago so specifically set out to try and see what problem was 
Dave, any update on this issue ?
Not yet, I have been busy on other stuff. Also thunder took out by internet hub, and the replacement is stuck in the post because of snow - it has been an eventfull week! But I have not forgotten this, and will get to it soon.
no problem take your time
Finally looking at this, so bump to top of forum posts so I can find it.

EDIT: Yeap, I can reproduce. There's a flaw in the scanning/scraping processing loop
Pull request raised with fix PR13752. Thanks for reporting this @tkgafs 

While there I have also improved the title of the progress bar to better track what Kodi is actually doing, I noticed it sometimes said it was scraping artists etc. when actually it was just checking files. So when it is just checking, not actually scanning tags or scraping, it now says so.
great, will the fix appear in tonights nightly ?
It’s not yet merged so won’t be in nightlies yet.
(2018-04-08, 14:38)tkgafs Wrote: great, will the fix appear in tonights nightly ?
No, that only happens once PR is reviewd, approved and merged. But I can get a test build brewing if you are willing to test it, win64 do you Tim?
yes win64 is perfect

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue scraping new albums when Fetch Additional Information is on0