• 2(current)
Release Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion
(2018-02-27, 21:28)BZwart Wrote: Edit: even with v 0.018 the files I used for testing all day suddenly stopped working.

Can you provide any log from 0.0.18?
RPi4; LibreElec
(2018-02-28, 08:41)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2018-02-27, 21:28)BZwart Wrote: Edit: even with v 0.018 the files I used for testing all day suddenly stopped working.

Can you provide any log from 0.0.18?  
Here you go: removed

I still don't see the 0.019 update
(2018-02-28, 09:20)BZwart Wrote: Here you go: removed

I can see that the error is due to Unicode encoding error. I was pretty sure that I already fixed all of it...
As the script throws an exception, it is possible that subtitle detection will not work.
Let me fix this in the first place.

EDIT:
looks like I forgot about one log line. I will be able to post a new version in the evening the earliest.
Regarding 0.0.19 not visible problem - it is there. I updated my HTPC yesterday with it. You can try to refresh repo manually.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2018-02-28, 09:58)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2018-02-28, 09:20)BZwart Wrote: Here you go: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/8vz5jf4g4W/

Is this possible that you could check if there are any files within subdir:
[syntax=python]08:14:42.705 T:138432853072 NONE: SubsMangler: Adding subpath: nfs://192.168.1.250/volume1/Video
that use non Latin characters, and provide a copy of the name?
As it did not happen before, I assume this should be a recent file. 
Found one folder named "Nikè"
It's one that been there when I starting testing the add-on, the issue only seems to appear after a Kodi restart.
When installing/updating the Add-on whiteout a restart it worked. I normally never restart Kodi but yesterday after my initial working tests I did, after that the issue started.
Renamed the folder and restarted Kodi.
The startup error is now gone and conversion is working.

Here is a log of the now working 0.0.18 build
removed
@BZwart

The forum moderators have determined that Banned_addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Please remove these items if you want support here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Many thanks!
I can see that the version is already 0.0.19.
If you are Ok with its operation for a time being, I will prepare a new version today evening for final check.

EDIT:
Version 0.0.20 uploaded to test repo. Let me know if it works for you.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2018-02-28, 10:30)bkiziuk Wrote: EDIT:
Version 0.0.20 uploaded to test repo. Let me know if it works for you.
 I set the problematic folder name back and restarted Kodi.
Error on startup is gone and conversion is working fine now.
Everything is now working great. Thanks again.
(2018-03-01, 09:29)BZwart Wrote: Error on startup is gone and conversion is working fine now.
Everything is now working great. Thanks again.

Good to hear that.
I will integrate all changes to stable build. Many thanks for your support.
RPi4; LibreElec
While using the add on I thought of a few things that might improve it.
No idea if you find them usefull or if it's even posible but I want to share them with you.

Next to the auto pause when converting it could be useful to have an auto resume when the conversion is done. Saves you from having to hit the play button again.
When watching TV series start the conversion of the sub for the next episode in the background say 5 mijn before the end of the current episode.

Again I'm perfectly happy as it is, these are just some ideas.
(2018-03-01, 10:11)BZwart Wrote: Next to the auto pause when converting it could be useful to have an auto resume when the conversion is done. Saves you from having to hit the play button again.
Hmmm, it should auto-resume and it actually does it for me. Log needed ;-) Smangler's Info level should be enough for preliminary check.
Optionally you can uncheck an option to auto-pause during conversion, but by design playback should be resumed unless there was a problem with detecting converted file.

(2018-03-01, 10:11)BZwart Wrote: When watching TV series start the conversion of the sub for the next episode in the background say 5 mijn before the end of the current episode.

This would require some more logic to be built in and I'm not sure if background conversion would be feasible due to performance reasons and its potential influence on current video being played, but let me think this through.
RPi4; LibreElec
Sorry you are correct. Auto pause/resume is working.
I tested it a few days ago and then it wasn't working then (probably related to other issues I was having) and I had disabled it. 

Regarding 2nd idea, depending on the hardware running Kodi it could be a performance issue, we don't want the play back to stutter because of the conversion.
Hi, I’m enjoying the add-on daily.
I have set transparency at 35% and that makes reading the subtitles much easier without blocking anything. 

Would it be possible to have an option to change the vertical line spacing?
With a semi-transparent background like I use the overlapping background results in a dark background line between the sub lines.

This article describes the issue and the style tags to set the spacing
(2018-03-05, 17:54)BZwart Wrote: This article describes the issue and the style tags to set the spacing

This should be doable. Let me look into it.

EDIT:
I made this modification to the test code.
After some testing it seems that it should work assuming that subtitle text is manually split into two lines using "\N" control char.
However, the problem I can see is that if a single subtitle line is too long to fit on screen - either because of too big font or because of too long line, Kodi will automatically break this line into two lines. If this happens, the custom spacing can not be maintained and two lines will be displayed the same way as they are currently.
RPi4; LibreElec
Sounds great.
I use a fairly small font (14) so I probably will hardly never see that happen.
And even then a fail back to default spacing is OK.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion1