• 3(current)
Release Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion
I've pushed 0.0.23 to test repo.
If there are no issues, I will move this version to stable branch in a few days.
RPi4; LibreElec
Tested last night and found no issues.
No more background overlap, great thanks.
v1.0.0 released.
It is now a part of Official Kodi Repo.

Any support with additional UI languages and filtering definitions is always appreciated.
RPi4; LibreElec
Hi @bkiziuk. I love your add-on as i use it only to remove any related subtitle file located within Kodi's video media path (i use it for my NAS nfs path and works as expected until now).

I have enabled the "allow file renaming and deletion option" in kodi's menu, so i use my context button to delete the video file.

My only thing is that it deletes the srt file only after i reboot kodi. Can you make an option to delete the file together with the video file?
(2018-09-25, 22:16)Haris1977 Wrote: My only thing is that it deletes the srt file only after i reboot kodi. Can you make an option to delete the file together with the video file?
 At the moment I can't see any way to directly detect if the particular file was removed without scanning the filesystem (I haven't found any callback function in API for it).
Therefore, the housekeeping process works like this: it builds a list of every video and subtitle file and then it tries to match every subtitle file against video file (with identical name). If the subtitle file does not correspond to an existing video file, subtitle file is removed.
Unfortunately, this process takes time. This is why it is run no more often than every a few hours and only if no media is being played. The good thing though is that even if you manually remove video file (not from within Kodi UI), housekeeping process will take care of any remaining subtitles as well.
The reason it launches immediately after Kodi restart is that when the service addon starts, the counter responsible for running housekeeping is zero, which triggers the process.
RPi4; LibreElec
At this time this addon suits my needs. It was what i was looking for, even if housekeeping initiates the command on every reboot. Almost 100% of my NAS library has both *.srt and video files with the same name.

I would love to see that addon as standard on Kodi though, that will work together with "file deletion option" which is for advanced users and it is unticked by default.

No big deal to restart kodi, i use it everyday, thanks Smile
hello
I have installed this addons, however I don't know how to use it witch tv
Hi,

if you use subtitles, this addon should:
1) automatically invoke subtitle search dialog at playback start
2) when subtitles are downloaded, it should convert downloaded subtitles to include black background
3) when movie file is removed, it should remove subtitle file as well (this actually happens every 6 hours, additional configuration is needed)
RPi4; LibreElec
Hi. I was looking for such addon for my Apple TV with 17.6 to be able to have the opaque blackground that natively it is in Leila. However after installation I m not able to change the settings below the "Subtitle output format", they are all grey. Also when playback starts I get no dialog. Any idea?
Hi. You may want to enable debug level logging and direct it to a separate file (smangler.log). It is saved in plugin's data directory. From the log it may be possible to see what is actually happening.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-03-31, 14:22)bkiziuk Wrote: Hi. You may want to enable debug level logging and direct it to a separate file (smangler.log). It is saved in plugin's data directory. From the log it may be possible to see what is actually happening.

here it is
https://ufile.io/g1mh4

I just enabled debug from your addon settings

Let me know if it is enough

thanks
(2019-03-31, 15:34)sasagr Wrote: here it is

From the log, the reason is that the file that is being played is an internet stream.
At the moment, smangler handles only local content.
Let me look into it. I'll see if it can be improved.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-03-31, 16:05)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2019-03-31, 15:34)sasagr Wrote: here it is

From the log, the reason is that the file that is being played is an internet stream.
At the moment, smangler handles only local content.
Let me look into it. I'll see if it can be improved. 
I see. Ok. I will keep an eye on future updates on this matter.
But what about the fact that I cannot change some settings (colored grey as explained earlier).

I installed the same addon on libreelec with Leila and there I can change them, while on 17.6 on the Apple TV I cannot
(2019-03-31, 16:09)sasagr Wrote: But what about the fact that I cannot change some settings (colored grey as explained earlier).

If you choose Substation Alpha as subtitle output format, all options below it should be enabled. However, if you choose SubRip, those options should be greyed-out.
This is because only SSA format allows to adjust subtitle look. But as a side effect, SSA format also causes that subtitle is positioned by Kodi within the movie frame - so for wide screen movies, SSA subtitles are smaller as Kodi does not scale them to fit the bottom of the screen.
For Kodi Leia, which has native support for solid background, using SubRip format allows to keep subtitles near the bottom of the screen regardless of movie aspect ratio.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-03-31, 16:43)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2019-03-31, 16:09)sasagr Wrote: But what about the fact that I cannot change some settings (colored grey as explained earlier).

If you choose Substation Alpha as subtitle output format, all options below it should be enabled.  
this is not happening on Kodi 17.6 on my Apple TV Sad

ps: if you need a tester for the possible implementation on your addon of internet streamed playbacks I will be glad to help
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion1