• 4(current)
Release Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion
(2019-03-31, 16:47)sasagr Wrote: this is not happening on Kodi 17.6 on my Apple TV Sad

Strange. This should be controlled by Kodi itself. I'm bringing back my old 17.6 installation to check it again ;-)

(2019-03-31, 16:47)sasagr Wrote: ps: if you need a tester for the possible implementation on your addon of internet streamed playbacks I will be glad to help
Sure. Any help will be much appreciated. I just need to find some time to adjust the code.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-03-31, 16:47)sasagr Wrote: this is not happening on Kodi 17.6 on my Apple TV Sad

Ok. I think I have it nailed down. It seems that Kodi does not correctly read value for conditionals in settings.xml if entry is using type="select".

I uploaded corrected 1.3.1 version to my private repo if you want to try it and confirm that this is resolved: https://bkiziuk.github.io/kodi-repo/stab...-1.0.1.zip
If Ok, I'll issue merge request to Kodi repo.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-04-01, 17:30)bkiziuk Wrote:

Ok. I think I have it nailed down. It seems that Kodi does not correctly read value for conditionals in settings.xml if entry is using type="select".

I uploaded corrected 1.3.1 version to my private repo if you want to try it and confirm that this is resolved: https://bkiziuk.github.io/kodi-repo/stab...-1.0.1.zip
If Ok, I'll issue merge request to Kodi repo. 
I confirm it is resolved!  thanks

now I will be waiting anxiously for the other implementation Wink
(2019-04-01, 17:46)sasagr Wrote: now I will be waiting anxiously for the other implementation Wink

Uploaded test version 1.3.2 with support for streams. 
Still requires some polishing, but it should work more or less ;-)
Let me know if you see any issues.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-04-03, 21:32)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2019-04-01, 17:46)sasagr Wrote: now I will be waiting anxiously for the other implementation Wink

Just checked the test repo and it is not available yet
Once available I will check and let u know
Thanks
(2019-04-03, 21:52)sasagr Wrote:
(2019-04-03, 21:32)bkiziuk Wrote:

Just checked the test repo and it is not available yet
Once available I will check and let u know
Thanks

Am I looking in the right repo?... your personal repo at post #47
still no update available. I have added the following repos:
bkiziuk test Kodi repo 1.0.1
bkiziuk Kodi repo 1.0.1

and the latest available update is the 1.3.1

pls advise
thanks
(2019-04-04, 07:22)sasagr Wrote: pls advise

It is there:
https://github.com/bkiziuk/bkiziuk.githu...-1.3.2.zip

I think I forgot to upload a new addons.xml file (late evening Wink). I will be able to correct it tomorrow. In the mean time you can just install from .zip file.
RPi4; LibreElec
yes. I did not see your reply and I already cloned it from your github. With the first test it seems to be working fine. Needed to enable "try to maintain bigger line spacing" to avoid overlapping of background with 2 lines and it looks good. I have only one comment at the moment. If the streamed file has the subtitles already (let's say it is an mkv container with sub included) and it shows it in the dialog as "Local subtitles available", I see that it is like ignored by your addon. It is not converted even if I enable it.
Maybe it could be a good idea to convert it automatically and not even show the dialog, like it can be done with the local file.
What you think?
(2019-04-04, 10:25)sasagr Wrote: If the streamed file has the subtitles already (let's say it is an mkv container with sub included) and it shows it in the dialog as "Local subtitles available", I see that it is like ignored by your addon. It is not converted even if I enable it.
Maybe it could be a good idea to convert it automatically and not even show the dialog, like it can be done with the local file.

I will need to explore this possibility. Haven't considered it before.
At the moment, the availability of subtitles is checked using Kodi API but conversion happens only if the file can be located on the drive. It does not however look inside .mkv containers.
Another thing to improve Smile
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-04-04, 10:32)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 10:25)sasagr Wrote: If the streamed file has the subtitles already (let's say it is an mkv container with sub included) and it shows it in the dialog as "Local subtitles available", I see that it is like ignored by your addon. It is not converted even if I enable it.

I will need to explore this possibility. Haven't considered it before.
At the moment, the availability of subtitles is checked using Kodi API but conversion happens only if the file can be located on the drive. It does not however look inside .mkv containers.
Another thing to improve Smile 

Well... kodi knows that the subtitles is there... since it tells me "local subtitles available" and most probably it is cached somewhere

Good luck!
Thanks anyway

and by the way which repo shall I leave to get your test releases? I have 2 repos of yours at the moment
(2019-04-04, 10:36)sasagr Wrote: and by the way which repo shall I leave to get your test releases? I have 2 repos of yours at the moment

If you really want to track my private repo, I would recommend to stick to the "stable" one. Although it is rarely used since smangler is a part of official Kodi repo as well and all stable versions should finally end up there.
The "test" one is used by me to push changes to my Kodi box without the need of manual installation from NAS - so from time to time some broken version can appear.
RPi4; LibreElec
Hi @bkiziuk , did u officially release the 1.4.0 that includes the internet streams support? I still dont see it in Kodi or your private repo. Only on github.
By the way... any progress on the support of "local subititles available" for the internet streams?
(2019-04-09, 09:33)sasagr Wrote: did u officially release the 1.4.0 that includes the internet streams support? I still dont see it in Kodi or your private repo. Only on github.
It is submitted to Kodi repo but, as I can see, not yet merged.
(2019-04-09, 09:33)sasagr Wrote: By the way... any progress on the support of "local subititles available" for the internet streams?
Unfortunately not. I haven't had time to look into it yet. Life...
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-04-09, 13:50)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2019-04-09, 09:33)sasagr Wrote: did u officially release the 1.4.0 that includes the internet streams support? I still dont see it in Kodi or your private repo. Only on github.
It is submitted to Kodi repo but, as I can see, not yet merged.
(2019-04-09, 09:33)sasagr Wrote: By the way... any progress on the support of "local subititles available" for the internet streams?
Unfortunately not. I haven't had time to look into it yet. Life...
Hi thank you for your efforts to bring this add-on, I want to try this, but after installation I got a Error Message,and I can not start the add-on.
I am using coreelec 9.0.2 do you have any idea what was wrong?

Thank you
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion1