• 6(current)
Release Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion
(2021-08-02, 18:31)onueints Wrote: Is it expected behavior or bug?
Hi.
I need a few days to check it.
RPi4; LibreElec
@onueints can you provide debug level log when playback is started and you observe this behavior?
The debug logging must be first enabled in addon's settings. Please make sure that the log is directed to the separate file (smangler.log).
The log should be written to the addon's data directory (the exact location really depends on the device) somewhere around .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.subsmangler/smangler.log
RPi4; LibreElec
(2021-08-04, 17:33)bkiziuk Wrote: @onueints can you provide debug level log when playback is started and you observe this behavior?
Sure. Wasn't expecting so fast reply Smile
https://paste.kodi.tv/izaxapayav.kodi
@onueints
so, what I can see is that the subtitles location in Kodi's settings is set to Custom Path and the path is /tmp/ :
Code:
2021-08-05 00:58:24.599 DEBUG: JSON-RPC: Settings.GetSettingValue: {'id': 1, 'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'result': {'value': 1}}
2021-08-05 00:58:24.599 DEBUG: JSON-RPC: Settings.GetSettingValue: {'id': 1, 'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'result': {'value': '/tmp/'}}
SubsMangler will look for subtitle files that have its name consistent with the video name, in this case "Large.S04E01".
If, in this case, neither the subtitle file is located in /tmp/ nor the file in /tmp/ is named like:
     "Large.S04E01" + ['.txt', '.srt', '.sub', '.subrip', '.microdvd', '.mpl', '.tmp', '.ass']
the subtitle dialog shall be opened.

Not sure if this answers your question Wink
RPi4; LibreElec
In my case subtitle is inside MKV file.
(2021-08-05, 22:35)onueints Wrote: In my case subtitle is inside MKV file.

OK, let me check the behavior.
RPi4; LibreElec
@onueints I have just realized that your original post referred to the addon's description.
The correct behavior should be that when the video playback is started, Kodi tries to load some existing audio & subtitles (embedded or external) based on preferred subtitle language set in Kodi's preferences.
After video is started, addon tries to identify what audio & subtitle language was chosen for this video and then compares it with the preferred setting.
If neither audio language nor subtitle language that match preferred user audio/subtitle language is found, then the subtitle search dialog should be opened.
In your case, the preferred subtitle language is Estonian, but .mkv's audio and subtitles are English. Therefore the addon assumes that you're not satisfied with it and opens dialog for searching.
I'll try to adjust the addon's description bit.
RPi4; LibreElec
That is correct. Thank you for for explaining.
I like the idea of this addon, but it has changed the file extension for all subtitle files from srt to utf. I saw in the release notes (shown below) that this is intentional. The problem I have with this is that other players (eg. VLC and PotPlayer) dont look at the .utf extension as a subtitle file. That means that each time I use those players I need to manually load the subtitles, so I was hoping you could add an option to keep using the existing file extension.

release note:
"please note that the output file extension was changed to .utf. Therefore existing .ass subtitle file may be reconverted automatically at the next playback."

When I'm watching on my TV I use Kodi, but when I'm on my pc I prefer a direct player like VLC or PotPlayer.
(2021-09-02, 15:42)SaiBork Wrote: The problem I have with this is that other players (eg. VLC and PotPlayer) dont look at the .utf extension as a subtitle file. That means that each time I use those players I need to manually load the subtitles, so I was hoping you could add an option to keep using the existing file extension.

Yes, this was indeed intentional in order to allow various subtitle format to be allowed as input ones, and at the same time keeping track (by looking at extension) which subtitles were already converted.
I will see if there's any other extension that can be used.
RPi4; LibreElec
Hi

if this add-on is still maintained, I'd like to know a way to disable the on screen notification on Kodi. for example, there is a notification that appears every time the add-on is running the clean orphaned subtitles.

nordicguy
(2024-01-25, 19:01)nordicguy Wrote: if this add-on is still maintained, I'd like to know a way to disable the on screen notification on Kodi. for example, there is a notification that appears every time the add-on is running the clean orphaned subtitles.

Hi,

I am looking through the code and there's only one notification with the progress bar when cleaning orphaned subtitles. I will add an config option to hide that.
Apart from that there is a bunch of YesNo dialogs but these are rather required ;-)
RPi4; LibreElec
yes thank you so much this is the notification I meant Smile
Is there a way to exclude folders? Given how Kodi puts Sports in TV Shows Mangler is going through 30 years of UFC events looking for subtitles. It has been doing this for over 8 hours.
(2024-01-29, 16:36)htpc-mac Wrote: Is there a way to exclude folders? Given how Kodi puts Sports in TV Shows Mangler is going through 30 years of UFC events looking for subtitles. It has been doing this for over 8 hours.

Hi,
at the moment - no.
What I can think of at the moment is to add additional file with the list of folders to exclude during removing old subtitles. However, no GUI at this stage, if it suits you.
RPi4; LibreElec
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion1