FortiNet recently classified Kodi as Illegal/Unethical!
Hey guys, just a heads up that Fortinet have recently placed your website in the Illegal/Unethical category which means that any school/university/workplace using one of their security appliances are now blocking your site. And worse, spreading false information that Kodi is illegal! We use one of their appliances here and have submitted a support ticket to Fortinet to have this classification changed but the request was denied. This makes my blood boil to see Kodi classified as illegal by a major security vendor so you may want to contact them yourselves to sort this out. Other major players such as Palo Alto and Trend Micro rate your site as SAFE and place you properly in the Computers/Internet/Entertainment category.

Does someone within Fortinet have a grudge against Kodi? Or ties to some agency looking to bad mouth Kodi? This smells!

https://fortiguard.com/webfilter
Good news! As of today, FortiGuard has recategorized the site as "Category: Internet Radio and TV"--defined as websites that broadcast radio or TV communications over the Internet. Maybe not a perfect classification, or maybe they're taking the addons section into consideration. Either way, it's not blocked anymore.
Thank you both for the info.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I had also noticed and filed a request to have a categorized more appropriately.

Havent received an answer yet, but it seems that i wasnt the first to make the request.

Good to hear it’s solved, because access to kodi.tv is vital for my productivity Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FortiNet recently classified Kodi as Illegal/Unethical!0