Unscheduled Recordings Showing Up In Kodi
Under my Kodi Video/temp library there are some recordings showing up that I didn't schedule.  The recordings I did schedule show up in both Kodi and Nextpvr. The recordings I didn't schedule only show up in Kodi.  The file names of the unscheduled recordings all start with the word "live".  The file size range from 1.01mb to 652.4mb and runs for a few seconds to less than 7 minutes.  What could be causing this and how can I fix it?
If you've got this library just looking at a directory, then you're probably seeing NextPVR's live tv buffer files. They wont show up in Kodi's Recording's screen though, since they're not recordings - they're just temp files. 

You can always configure NextPVR to put it's live tv buffer files somewhere else that Kodi isn't looking at.
Is there a way to prevent NextPVR live tv buffer files from developing in the first place?  I'm not concerned about the location just there development and me having to delete them from my hard drive? Thanks
You shouldn't have to delete them - they're usually deleted by themselves. ie, you'd watch live tv, and a maximum of four files are created, and when you change channels or stop live tv, these files are deleted.

There has been a reports from Kodi a couple of users of these files getting left behind, but the guys I have helping with testing and myself have been unable to reproduce this. 

You can't turn these files off - they're needed for the operation.
Not sure when they are supposed to delete automatically but I have files from 2/2/2018.  Thanks for putting a name to my problem (live buffer files) which allowed me to do more research. I've seen in forums where other with this issue said like you that the files delete automatically, and another who had to create a batch file to delete them because they didn't delete automatically.
Quote:Not sure when they are supposed to delete automatically but I have files from 2/2/2018.
They're supposed to be deleted immediately when you stop live tv or change channels. 

If you can find a repeatable set of steps to cause them to be left behind, let me know and I'm sure we'll be able to come up with a fix. Personally I've never seen it happen once. 
I  have this problem from time to time.  It's basically unreproducible in any predictable fashion.  I found something in the NextPVR forum awhile back that I'm using to deal with the issue.  I put the following in PostUpdateEPG.bat (in the NPVR Script folder):
Code:
set folder="E:\NextPVR\LiveTV\"
cd /d %folder%
del live-*.ts /F /Q

PostUpdateEPG.bat runs after a scheduled EPG update, so basically once a day this clears any of the .ts time shift files from my LiveTV directory.  The only time this would cause a problem is if I happened to be watching LiveTV at 2am when the EPG update happens.  And if that's true I have a host of other issues I need to deal with first.  😜

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unscheduled Recordings Showing Up In Kodi0