Movie DB management question
Not sure how to address this. A lot of my movies have sample files with them.  Which means if i scrape, and find, it shows up in the DB as two of the same movie, one being a sample, so not really the movie. 
If I remove from DB though the GUI, it shows up again on the next scan, cause this is all on my file server and still exists(NFS share). I don't actually want to delete the samples, I just want a clean DB.
Any thoughts on how to clean this up? Short of going through the file server and changing the permissions or hiding the files there?
Assuming the samples are named appropriately (e.g. with sample in filename) you can set up an exclude filter:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....defromscan
if i can figure out advancedsettings.xml I think this ought to get me 90% there

Thank you!
checked, log, advancedsettings.xml looks to be loaded
 <advancedsettings><video>    <excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->    <regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>  </excludefromlisting>  <excludefromscan>    <regexp>-trailer</regexp>    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>  </excludefromscan></video></advancedsettings>

Deleted extra video 9 from library
rebooted
rescanned. and it showed up again.. file name, looks like it should have matched. Though is files view different from db view? though it shouldn't have scanned so. either way. 

9.2009.720p.BluRay.x264-x0r[TRAILER-Theatrical Trailer].mp4
@idlehands

(2018-03-19, 00:04)idlehands Wrote: Deleted extra video 9 from library
rebooted
rescanned. and it showed up again.. f
Yes, that is going to happen every time and designed to work that way.

If that is your naming convention, then it will not match the advancedsettings.xml entry.
See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_mis...as_a_movie
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-03-19, 00:09)Karellen Wrote: @idlehands
(2018-03-19, 00:04)idlehands Wrote: Deleted extra video 9 from library
rebooted
rescanned. and it showed up again.. f
Yes, that is going to happen every time and designed to work that way.

If that is your naming convention, then it will not match the advancedsettings.xml entry.
See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_mis...as_a_movie 
Ok, that makes sense but why wouldn't my advancedsettings.xml also work?

Code:
  <excludefromscan>    <regexp>-trailer</regexp>    <regexp>-Trailer</regexp>    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]trailer[-._ \\/]</regexp>    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]Trailer[-._ \\/]</regexp>    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>  </excludefromscan>

I would think either of those would match -any- trailer or Trailer ? unless exclude from scan isn't working like i think
I found a file with `blahlbah preview.mkv`

Then I added    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]preview[-._ \\/]</regexp>

Which did exclude the preview. so.
what's going on with trailers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie DB management question0