Kodi 18 display goes blank
Hi All,

I upgraded to Kodi 18 from 17.6 and I'm having an issue with the display. After a period of time idle, the display goes blank and my TV shows "no connection". Kodi is still up and running, I can still control it via the remote but there is no display output. Issuing a reboot of the machine or restarting the Kodi service brings it back to life but after it's been left for a while, it drops again. This doesn't happen whilst actively using the interface nor does it happen during playback, only when idle. 

The issue was apparent immediately after upgrading to Kodi 18, I have since upgraded to today's nightly and get the same results as the previous two before.

Kodi Version: 2:18.0+git20180224.0202-3f5038e-0xenial
Install method: PPA Nightly - ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-116-generic x86_64)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz
GPU: Onboard Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (Kodi lists it as "Mesa DRI Intel Haswell" with OpenGL 3.3 Mesa 17.2.8)
Chipset: 9 Series Chipset Family H97 Controller
Display - LG TV 1920x1080 via HDMI. Audio also over HDMI.
Skin: Omni

Debug Output (Kodi service restarted prior to log dump)

From what I can see the issue kicks in at line 7079 with "CALSAHControlMonitor - Monitored ALSA hctl value changed" at which point I lose display

Whilst there is no display output neither the hardware remote, USB keyboard or software remote will bring it back however the system is clearly still responding, using the Yatze remote from my phone I can issue a reboot command to Kodi and it will restart the box and bring everything back. 

Any ideas where to start? Any more info required please let me know.

Thanks.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
My apologies, I hadn't realized that some things I had installed were blacklisted. 

I have been through the list and removed anything that was on there. The debug log of the crash has now been updated, below is the clean boot into the system prior to the crash.

Thanks.
You've missed one, or maybe it's been orphaned.

You may need to remove it manually by deleting is folder from your addons folder using your preferred file manager without kodi running.

Code:
12:42:59.764 T:139964315126144  NOTICE: ADDON: plugin.program.indigo v4.0.3 installed
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for spotting that one.

Both links in the above posts updated as well as Kodi version number and new Skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 display goes blank0