Change directory for fanart and .nfo files
Hi,

by default KODI saves the fanart and .nfo files in the directory where are the mediafiles located. In my case, the mediafiles are on a harddisk (no ssd) and kodi is on an other SSD drive. The harddisk go in standby, for power saving after some time, which causes the KODI GUI looking awkward, because all the media icons / fanart is lost, is replaced by white / grey rectangles. After the harddrive is spinup from standby, the kodi GUI doesn't get back to the normal view, it's stay awkward.

Is it posible to setting up in KODI a particular directory for storing the metadata and fanart? I think, some KODI versions ago, the default behavior from KODI was to store all metadata in the users directory. Can i get back this behavior?

Greetings
Dieter
Have you scanned your media into the Library? i.e. are you accessing your media via Videos>Files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change directory for fanart and .nfo files0