Unable to Access Samba shares on Several media players
I have been a long time user of Kodi with Libreelec on tinkerboxes. I currently have 3 RPI 2-3 and one Odroid. 2 of the RPis are running stable and are recognized and connect by Nautilus on my Ubuntu Laptop. One of the RPis and the Odroid are running Alpha and are recognized by Nautilus but when I try to open the share to update with a .tar I get a "connection timed out" error. I can ssh into them fine but would prefer to use Samba to drag and drop. Any help would be appreciated.
Could you please check which Samba settings are done on all of your LibreELEC devices and if they differ, please change the non-working ones to the same settings as those which are working.
Davu is correct - LE9 Samba Server no longer supports SMB1 by default, but your Ubuntu laptop only supports SMB1 connections by default. Consequently the laptop cannot connect to the LE9 Samba Server. Your working installations of LE are either older than 8.2.0 or you have configured min server in the LE 8.2 Samba Server to be SMB1.

You have two options (option #1 is NOT recommended, option #2 *is* recommended):

1) configure the LE 9 Samba Server to support "min protocol=SMB1" in LE Settings addon > Services > Samba
2a) configure your Ubuntu laptop to negotiate better than SMB1 client connections - add the following in the [global] section of /etc/samba/smb.conf:
Code:
client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB3
2b) if they don't already, configure all of your LibreELEC Samba Servers (LE Settings addon > Services > Samba) to use a minimum/maximum protocol = SMB2/SMB3 (if they don't support these options then you need to upgrade to LibreELEC 8.2.0 or later).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the help. Pretty embarrassing when I go on the LibreElec site to get the .tar to upgrade my clients and the Samba issue is the first thing to pop up. I was certain it was an issue with the alphas and was driving myself crazy. I am updating all of the clients to 8.2.3 or higher and going to reboot the router. I added the lines to the NAS server. Hoping for the best.
Ugg. I updated all of the clients, added the lines to /etc/samba/smb.config on my laptop and NAS, rebooted everything and now Nautilus won't open any of the clients from my laptop. I used testparm on the laptop and NAS and it showed no errors. Any idea what to trouble shoot next?
scp updatefile.tar root@libreelecbox:~/.update/
ssh root@librelecbox reboot
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-03-02, 02:44)hollywoodpete Wrote: Ugg. I updated all of the clients, added the lines to /etc/samba/smb.config on my laptop and NAS, rebooted everything and now Nautilus won't open any of the clients from my laptop. I used testparm on the laptop and NAS and it showed no errors. Any idea what to trouble shoot next?

Do you get an error in Nautilus, if so what is it (a timeout error would strongly suggest a failure to negotiate a common protocol, ie. client speaks SMB2 while Nautilus speaks only SMB1, or vice versa).

Can re-state your current setup? What LE client versions do you have now, and are they configured to support a minimum of SMB1 or SMB2 or SMB3?

With your laptop configured with:
Code:
client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB3
it should now be able to connect with either SMB2 or SMB3, but NOT SMB1.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
"Do you get an error in Nautilus, if so what is it (a timeout error would strongly suggest a failure to negotiate a common protocol, ie. client speaks SMB2 while Nautilus speaks only SMB1, or vice versa"

Currently I don't get an error but the the Samba shares don't show up in +Other Locations under files using Ubuntu 17.10. If I try to connect to them directly using SMB://IPaddress or SMB://hostname.local I get connection refused

Oddly my Odroid running Raybuntu's alpha popped up along with all of the other clients last night and I was able to upgrade it the drag and drop. I looked at the settings and it had Samba min SMB1. I tried changing one of the RPi clients to Samba min SMB1 and all of the shares disappeared. I have 4 RPi 2-3 that are running 8.2.3 I also have an RPi running Raspbain as a print server that hasn't been upgraded in a while. I keep my media on a NAS server and use NFS shares.
(2018-03-02, 09:45)nickr Wrote: scp updatefile.tar root@libreelecbox:~/.update/
ssh root@librelecbox reboot
 I guess what your saying is give up on Samba? I'm fine with that since I use NFS shares for media anyway but I just like everything to work. Thanks for the code
You don't need to give up, but I am just pointing out that there are other methods of sending files to a libreelec box.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-03-06, 21:14)nickr Wrote: You don't need to give up, but I am just pointing out that there are other methods of sending files to a libreelec box.
I understand. I really think the secure copy is a better way to update. I have some reservations about Samba anyway especially considering recent security issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to Access Samba shares on Several media players0