Req Allow GUI settings to be grayed out, when using advancedsettings.xml
Hi all,

I am currently experimenting with adding settings from guisettings.xml into advancedsettings.xml and I can see that when doing this, the settings are removed from the Kodi settings GUI.  It's great that we can force specific settings that should never be changed (e.g. audio passthrough options, video player preferences, etc), but I'd still like to be able to see those settings in the GUI, i.e. they should be grayed out rather than completely invisible.

Is there some sort of advancedsettings.xml option that can toggle this?  If not, it would be a good idea to add something like this:

<showforcedguisettings>true</showforcedguisettings>

That way those that want the current behaviour can keep it, but those of us who would like to be able to see the unchangeable settings, could toggle this option on.

My reason for wanting to do this is I have a number of Kodi clients connected to different devices around the home, and I'd like to keep backups of the advancedsettings.xml for each, in case I need to reinstall Kodi.

Thanks!
Cinema: Epson EH-TW9300 | 125" scope fixed frame screen | Panasonic DMP-UB700 | Denon AVR-X4200W | AudioLab M-PWR | Monitor Audio Bronze 7.1.2 Atmos & DTS:X | Kodi (OSMC Vero 4K)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow GUI settings to be grayed out, when using advancedsettings.xml0