plugins driving me crazy
Sad 
ok... ive got the sh*ts now... Stare

i would like to install the apple movie trailers plugin on my ubuntu intrepid xbmc.

i checked out the addon code from the google repo but there is no build.sh! so i just created a plugins/video/ folder and put it in there... no luck...

grrrr.

this *used* to be easy with the automatic installer... please bring it back.

any ideas?
cnschulz Wrote:this *used* to be easy with the automatic installer... please bring it back.

any ideas?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=159135&postcount=1
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Trying this on Linux following the thread posted. I see the link in my favourites folder however following it I get nothing. Should I be doing anything else? I too have been driven crazy by add-ons etc. and this installer looks promising if I could figure it out heh.Blush Thanks!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
thank you very much.

i must also admit some fault here... there is an /usr/share/xbmc folder with plugins etc in it and the repo installer) on my standard install... things i put in here do not work. ever.

i found the hidden .xbmc directory in my home and placed them all in there and voila! all good.

thanks a million.

c.
You can also get the add-on installer working IF you change the path from Programs to Video when you use the hack detailed in that thread. Just now getting it working on my install at home and will fix other install later. Will see how well it works in a moment Smile

Edit: Okay, it will download the scripts now but they do not show up anywhere unless I go through the favourites menu. When I attempt to execute the add-ins (Apple Trailer II etc.) they flash a screen then disappear. Argh! I have unhidden the Programs menu item and will try installing the script there when I have a chance Sad
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
well, the title sums it up really... i installed amt script and plugin from repos and when i press enter on the source... nothing happens...

copied 1.4.1 plugin from my t3ch-installed xbox and all is good.
Pretty much same here, script on XBMC Live works for trailers though which drives me nutz. Obviously possible for at some of them to work once configured correctly so there's hope!
I think 1.5 requires latest svn builds of xbmc, while 1.4.1 will work on Atlantis.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I keep up with the SVN releases, am currently on 16727 but update often.

FWIW it's likely a config issue or something I didn't understand on my end. I've nto ever played with the scripting portions on even the older XBOX builds and got pretty spoiled by the various builds having most of the good scripts already rolled into them. The Apple Trailer script in particular is most awesome Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugins driving me crazy0