Solved Libreelec Kodi 17.6 not updating Library [Update: NFO file was a video]
Solved: see last post but basically incorrectly renamed a video file as a NFO file. Kodi stopped scanning when it couldn't process it.

Over the past few months more and more files have stopped appearing in the Library even though I can access them via the file browser. Affects TV shows and Movies.

My setup is files on samba share (host is running Ubuntu 17.10), MariaDB database on same host and client is Wetek box running Libreelec 8.2.2 8.2.3 with Kodi 17.6.

I don't think it's the samba version issue as I can access my shares fine, it's just that kodi doesn't seem to scan in a number of files automatically but does add them if 'scan into Library' manually.

Test case: How to Get Away with Murder S04E11

Debug log:
https://clbin.com/gGCof

I did the following to get the log:
Activated debug log, restart kodi, waited for auto scan to finished. Checked TV show was still missing from Library, checked on file browser it's still on samba share and then re-ran scan.

Things Tried

I removed sources and pressed the clean library option as per wiki.

I re-added new sources with different names. Work first time but then fail to scan in new files.

I used a new, fresh mariadb database and scanned everything in again.

Checked permissions, missing episode has same permissions as other episodes.

Manually tried to update scrapers but they were latest version anyway

I don't know what else to try.

Thanks for reading.
I see:
Code:
14:28:48.100 T:546182263008   ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Exception while scanning.
which brings the scan to a (likely premature) end, but I've no idea what is causing it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Anyway to isolate it?
Not sure to be honest.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just wanted to update this if anyone else came across.

My issue still is not resolved, and I tried the following:
  • Updated to LE 8.2.5
  • Tried NFS shares instead of SMB
  • Deactivated firewall on server even though i'd added the ports for SMB (and NFS) anyway. Note other clients could access SMB and NFS shares without difficulty before and after
  • Completely wiped LE and fresh installation of 8.2.5
  • Tried local and mysql database

I might try and grab another log in this 'fresh' config to see if its the same issue.

My next move, is either try kodi-headless on server to add files to library (which I couldn't get to work before) or run Ubuntu in a KVM and get it to do the same thing.
Quote:14:28:48.062 T:546182263008 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'smb://192.168.0.2/media/chick_flicks/Home Again (2017)/' as not in the database
14:28:48.077 T:546182263008 DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://192.168.0.2/media/chick_flicks/Home Again (2017)/Home Again.2017.720p.AC3-6ch.nfo

Can you access this directory via the network? And also open the nfo file?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for looking into this.

I haven't tried kodi file manager on the wetek but using a machine on the same network I can access the directory using smbclient. The NFO file was renamed incorrectly as it was a binary file in disguise. I've deleted it and when I get back I'll enable debug logs and reboot the wetek box to see the impact.

Thanks
(2018-06-02, 14:03)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:14:28:48.062 T:546182263008 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'smb://192.168.0.2/media/chick_flicks/Home Again (2017)/' as not in the database
14:28:48.077 T:546182263008 DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://192.168.0.2/media/chick_flicks/Home Again (2017)/Home Again.2017.720p.AC3-6ch.nfo

Can you access this directory via the network? And also open the nfo file?    

(2018-02-25, 18:58)Milhouse Wrote: I see:
Code:
14:28:48.100 T:546182263008 ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Exception while scanning.
which brings the scan to a (likely premature) end, but I've no idea what is causing it.    
 So I think the mystery was solved @Milhouse  thanks to @fritsch.  I'm assuming the library scanning ended prematurely because one the nfo files, wasn't a nfo file but a video file improperly renamed.  Since I deleted it (remotely) I've just switched to the Wetek box and for the first time I can see it has clearly updated the library without manual intervention.

I'm going to let this run a few days before returning to mark this thread closed.

The lesson here was that a binary file disguised as a nfo file cause the library scanning to end prematurely.   To check for other similar files I ran the following and it came up blank:

bash:

find -name "*.nfo" -size +2M

For everyone else, this says find me stuff that ends with .nfo and is greater than 2 MB.  In my case, the troublesome nfo files was 1.4GB!
Marked as solved.

I appreciate this is an edge case, but could the debug log be made a bit more verbose in the scanner stating why it stopped? Or at least more explicitly spit out the filename as the reason why it stopped?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libreelec Kodi 17.6 not updating Library [Update: NFO file was a video]0