Mouse Without Borders
I've used Mouse Without Boarders to connect my laptop to my HTPC/Kodi rig for years.  A while ago (maybe Win10, maybe Krypton) it started causing a problem.  While a video was playing, every minute or two the OSD would display...like someone nudged a mouse.  This would happen regardless of whether MWB was active or not.  Basically, that destroyed the functionality of MWB (my easy backup if I need mouse control of the full HTPC for maintenance, etc.).  The only solution I could develop was to deactivate MWB.  Anybody had any experience with this or wisdom to share?  I'm looking to get control of the HTPC/Kodi easily from the remote laptop when maintenance is done.  Teamviewer doesn't work because it leaves the free nag window up on the remote computer upon disconnect (which I need a mouse to click out of).  RDC doesn't work because it logs out of the user account when it takes over, forcing you to re-enter the password upon disconnect.  MWB was perfect...and now broken.

Any thoughts?
Just to say I also had issues with MWB, after having used it successfully for many years, and eventually abandoned it. I now have one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XJ3LVPI/ as a backup to my remote. Cheap, low tech and effective - it even supports multi-touch.

Andy
I actually have exactly the same thing...I just don't want to be bothered to figure out where I put it when I need control.  MWB was so simple and effective, and its clearly a conflict issue that I imagine someone smarter than me could solve if there was interest...  if

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse Without Borders0