Can I stream PC Kodi to Chromecast TV and still use my PC for Gaming?
Hi all,

So I have a ASUS ROG Gaming laptop, pretty powerful was wondering if I can stream my Win10 Kodi Build to my Chromecast TV and still be able to play a game or use my laptop for something else while Kodi is running in the background?

I am kind of doing this already but only with Chrome.  For example I can stream a NHL hockey game to Chromecast on my TV via Chrome Browser, all the while I can still use my laptop and play a game like R6 Siege, browse, or whatever.

However when I stream Kodi to Chromecast I can only seem to be able to cast using Chrome and it will cast the entire screen being shown on my laptop.  Is there anyway around this?

I would like to watch a movie or show and be able to use my laptop for something else at the same time.
Short answer no

Kodi is deisgned to play the media on the device its running on.  Suggestions would be to either
1) Use Plex, as its a client server architecture and will allow you to cast media to Chromecast via the Plex app
2) Use VLC to play the media as version 3 has Chromecast support
3) Stick another box directly on your TV which can run Kodi
Thanks for the reply.  I guess my best bet is to hook up another laptop or something with Kodi on it to my TV.
Or a raspberry pi or a S905 box running libreelec. Both cheaper than another laptop.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I stream PC Kodi to Chromecast TV and still use my PC for Gaming?0