v17 Moods in Smart Playlists
I'm looking at the wiki for Smart Playlists and which fields are used, and I noticed that Moods are only used for albums, not songs.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Fields

Kodi lets me build a smart playlist with "Moods contains XYZ" but it comes up empty. Am I just plum out of luck? Have I tagged dozens of songs with a particular mood in vain?
That wiki page is wrong as Moods for Songs was implemented in Kodi v15 see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211520
Great news! So, why doesn't it work?

I have 49 files so far with a specific Mood tag called BGM, set using MediaMonkey, which is saving them as MOOD tags for Vorbis, etc. I blew out and re-scanned my entire music library in Kodi and a Smart Playlist whose only criteria is "Moods contains BGM" comes up with zero tracks. I blew out and re-scanned my library again after telling Kodi to use only local data, same result.
Don't know what your problem is @GreyDuck, generally this feature works, so more info needed.
What version of Kodi are you using?
Can you post the contents of the smart playlist xml file, found in the userdata/playlists/music folder?
Can you show the tags for one of these files, say usoing a screen shot of Mp3Tag extended tag view window?

Next would be to create a debug log while scanning a new or updated music file with mood tags into the library. No need to drop the lot, just change a music file by say adding a comment tag, and then update library. But turn debug on first!

Or finally to share your MyMusic60.db with us - PM me a link, or post a link here then immediately edit to remove (team members can see the old post). But answer the first things first, I'm sure it will be something simple.
Was this solved?

I changed in MediaMonkey a mood tag of an album, but in Kodi I got a complete different description. I have the impression that the mood tag is linked to the artist in the .nfo file and not to an album. Which surprised me, because an artist can make complete different albums for different "moods".

I'm looking for a tag in MM, that is read in Kodi, and that I can use to give a changeable value. With the ultimate goal to make a very special (to me) smart playlist.
Tags in songs like mood or TMOO are saved as song attributes.  If you want artist or album moods you must use scraper(s) or nfo file(s) as artist and album scraping are entirely independent.

scott s.
Thanks Scott, all, at least this subject, is clear now and my problem is solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moods in Smart Playlists0