TV shows not being scanned into library, but files exist
This is happening more and more these days with TV shows. An episode will become available, it's filed correctly, renamed correctly, but doesn't show up in Kodi. IF I go in via Files, it finds the correct file and it shows as unwatched, but that status isn't relayed to the library itself. Any way to completely purge the existing library and rebuild it from scratch, or is there a less-drastic solution I should look into?
Hello DXer,

You haven't really provided any info of consequence, so I'll just point you to this post in case it is the same issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2708522
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I think that's a slightly different issue. I'm not sure what "info of consequence" you require.
I have Kodi set to display all recently-added episodes, watched and unwatched. Case in point, The Flash TV show. It has all the previous episodes where they should be. A new episode came down last night. It was renamed correctly, and placed in the correct folder. When I go into the Flash's folder in Kodi, select the current season, it shows all the previous episodes but not the new one. If I go in to files, the new one is there and I can select it and watch it normally. this is happening about 30% of the time now. Most shows come through normally, some just don't. Something is evidently mis-set, but I can't think of what to look for, nor where to even start looking for it.
Ok, not a display settings issue.

I am just having a bit of trouble following your process...
(2018-03-01, 04:59)DXer Wrote: A new episode came down last night. It was renamed correctly, and placed in the correct folder
What do you mean "a new episode came down"? Then you renamed and placed it in the correct folder, so I understand that bit. But there is no mention of scraping the episodes into the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Do you have an automatic means of acquiring episodes then use something like Filebot to rename and place in correct folder? If so how are Kodi updates triggered to get files into the Library?
Kodi normally can be set to scan when it is started up, or it can be told to scan (either the entire source or part of a source) through the json-api. The last option is used by several third party automation agents.

My guess is you have some automation set up but didn't configure the scanning part in that app.

Kodi doesn't watch for changes to happen. What happens when you manually start a scan?
This happens with the TMDB TV show scraper, try another scraper.
Nothing to do with which scraper you are using, please ignore HeresJohnny.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I had the exact same symptom, and the problem turned out to be an incorrect setting for DVD Order versus Aired Order. Most of the TV shows in my library will scrape fine with DVD order, so I set that as the default TVDB setting at the top level. I then changed the setting to Aired Order for only the shows that required it.

--Colin
Hi I am having this problem too. I tried updated my library with only 3 new tv shows and they only went to my files section and never got added to my library. I tried reinstalling Kodi then removing the TV Source  I tried adding a source again and it scanned all into my files but not into my library. I tried to upload a log file but it fails to give me a correct address. Maybe I am doing something wrong, please help.
@Ices

Check that you have the latest scraper installed. For v17.x, you should have TVDB v3.0.2 installed. The API was updated yesterday requiring an update to the scraper.
My Signature
Pasting Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7rwfBgj2tD/
Tried lots of things no scanning into library my tv files only sit in file section and will not get scanned into library,
Searching for 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' using The TVDB scraper (path: 'C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '3.0.1')

As I said in my previous post, you need to update your scraper to the latest version. You are using an outdated one.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Le...debar_menu and select Check for updates
My Signature
(2018-05-28, 22:40)Karellen Wrote: @Ices

Check that you have the latest scraper installed. For v17.x, you should have TVDB v3.0.2 installed. The API was updated yesterday requiring an update to the scraper.
 For what it's worth, I found this thread because my 17.x android (well, FireTV) install has stopped scraping TV shows this weekend. When I try to update the TVDB add-on (which is already set to auto-update), I can't find anything higher than 3.0.1. Do I need to update Kodi entirely? I think I'm on 17.6 or so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV shows not being scanned into library, but files exist0