Media Info on 17.6
Only a newbie here, so be tolerant please. When I open the i button on the taskbar (Media Info) when watching movies say. Searches i have made and á YouTube video show the resolution information being available. On my build I only show AAC, 2 channel and H264 instead of 1920 x 1080 for example. How can I show the resolution info instead?  Thanks
The resolution as defined as 1080p/720,480 etc. shown in most of the skins and views I've used. Not sure if all video streams offer this function, it could be skin and 3rd party add-on dependant. Builds are a relative term, and mostly frowned at, because they're usually connected to highly suspect code modifications.
I'm only using the default interface. all that shows is audio 2/5.1   AAC  2.35  H264  for example, but no resolution
If I am unable to see the resolution on I taskbar info using the default interface. Is there a simple skin I could install to allow me to see it, please.
I think we maybe at cross references using different terminology, perhaps a screen grab of your issue might clarify?  In Estuary default home page 'Movies', a simple rollover a poster will result in resolution information at the bottom left. Within Movies, again with a movie in focus the resolution is available in the bottom left in all view types. If you want resolution information of a video from a streaming add-on, that would be likely a property of the add-on in combination with the skin, some skins will show the resolution when polled through the 'I' key. Transparency! replaces the OSD functions with more information when polled.
I have managed to find the answer now. Apparently although the "I" on the task bar does give the information I mentioned but pressing "O" on the keyboard gives info on the screen transparently over the film and in greater detail - including the resolution (which is what I am after)
Having obtained this I am now confused how the video streams can be 1920x800 or say , 1280x544 and not the native resolutions I am familiar with. Could anyone explain please.
I have found the answer thanks. In my default interface, I can press "O" for a more detailed explanation of the video stream including the resolution I am after.
(2018-03-02, 18:37)caveman38 Wrote: I have managed to find the answer now. Apparently although the "I" on the task bar does give the information I mentioned but pressing "O" on the keyboard gives info on the screen transparently over the film and in greater detail - including the resolution (which is what I am after)
Having obtained this I am now confused how the video streams can be 1920x800 or say , 1280x544 and not the native resolutions I am familiar with. Could anyone explain please.
The video is what the video is, some are encoded with the black bars as part of the video, some are not. Kodi will play at native, expanded, zoomed, custom etc.
Example: 720p is defined as 720 pixels high ONLY when the video stream is 16:9. Then the full size is 1280x720. 1280:720 == 16:9

Now if you have, say, a movie that is, say 2.35:1  then it is going to be letterboxed on a 16:9 display. The width will still be 1280, but the height will be 1280/2.35 = roughly 544 pixels.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you all for the explanations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info on 17.60