no DVD drive
I am trying to add my DVD drive as a video source.  But the drive does not show up when I browse for it...  I see c:\, d:\, home folder, network file system and a few more, but the DVD is missing.  The DVD works, I can exit kodi and watch the DVD via VLC through windows.  Windows 10, latest kodi.  Appreciate all help!
Just so I have a bit better understanding of what you are trying to achieve, why would you want to add the DVD drive as a Media Source?

Are you thinking this is the way to play a DVD in Kodi? It is not. Whatever skin you are using should have a menu item for "Play Disc". It will either a) automatically appear once Kodi detects a disk, or b) you need to go to the skin settings and activate the menu item. This is skin dependent.

This help?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, yes, I want to make it easy for my wife to plop in a DVD and watch it, w/o needing to go to windows and VLC.  I will look through my skin settings.  But I am surprised to see c:\ and d:\ but not r:\...
Which skin are you using. If I am familiar with the skin, I can point you to the settings, otherwise I will point you to the thread of the skin.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am using the default skin, estuary.  And I think it works now.  I did not find a setting within the skin to enable autoplay though.  I switched to aeon nox and there was a setting, already enabled.  Switched back to estuary.  And went to windows to check autoplay for the drive - it was enabled.  Changed the default program from windows media something or other to VLC and now it works...  I have no idea what piece was the breakthrough!  One thing thta complicated things is that my wife handed me DVDs that were actually bluerays...  and I didn't notice, so that definitely added to the confusion!

Still I find it strange that I don't see r:\ when browsing.  And I also came across screenshots that had a 'DISKS' item in the list which I do not see, I suspect that was an older version of Kodi perhaps.
Is there an actual disk in the drive when you try and browse for it? as it will only appear when a disk is loaded.
The 'autoplay' setting you are looking for in estuary can be found in player settings-video's-discs-play dvd automatically. Don't know what that does for bluray though since i do not own a drive.
Thank you, I found the setting, and all is well.  It was turned on.  We don't have a blueray player either, that's why nothing happened when I put the blueray without noticing into the DVD player.  Thank you for your help!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no DVD drive0