Thinking about making an Addon for uploading kodi log to my server
Hi KOdi!

Is there any tutorials or wikis that could aid me in developing an addon that will upload my kodi to my host?
I know there are some that email and sent to paste bin, but I want to develop this for learning sake and I dont want my log shared publicly on pastebin!

Could someone advise which wiki or any other updated methods or guides that could help me?

I have created an upload page in PHP in my hosting already, Im just trying to figure out how Kodi, using python, or a buildin function form Kodi that can mimic this behavior.

Thank you!!!!
And just to confirm, are there any special things when writing a python script geared to kodi? Imports obviously, but I am decent with python yet havent developed for kodi yet. Im just hoping there are not any special rules in the python that KOdi may or may not recognize.
Python interpreter in Kodi does not have the standard input, and the standard output is redirected to the Kodi log, plus 5 modules have been added to the global namespace to interact with Kodi: xbmc, xbmcgui, xbmcaddon, xbmcplugin and xbmcvfs. Also you cannot use GUI libraries like Tkinter or PyQt for obvious reasons, and there might be issues in some edge cases. In all other respects it is the same Python 2.7 available from python.org.
perhaps you can get some inspiration from the existing log uploader addon:
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.kodi.loguploader
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you guys!

I will look at the existing one.
Thanks for advice!!!
Sorry I have another question. What are requirements for an addon from stratch, obviously a py script, addon xml, icon and fanart. Do I need libs or any other folders within the addon? Is there anything else mandatiry?
depends on the intended use, if it's for personal use, you'd only need one .py file and an addon.xml file.

in case you intent to submit it to our addon repo, we also require you to add an icon and a license file.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thinking about making an Addon for uploading kodi log to my server0