Solved Library linking 2 shows together?
this is kinda tricky to explain I will try my best. Gotham shows Gotham Info & Marvel currently shows Gotham info also. So I change Marvel to show Marvel info which works but Gotham changes to Marvel also even though I didn't touch it's info. This keeps repeating back and forth. They are in their own separate folders.

Thanks for any help you can give
Hello Likea Boss

Probably too early in the morning for me here, but I am a little bit lost in what you are trying to do.

What are you changing? Where are you changing it? How are you changing it?

Not sure where you see Gotham shows Gotham and Marvel shows Gotham. Are these two separate shows in your library? Or are these Tags or something else?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen thanks for your reply

So When I goto TV Shows Library all the episodes form both shows are shown under one show(this changes based on which ones information I updated last). I am going to videos>files> then i find the individual folder and refresh information of the folder to the proper show and it changed the other tv shows folder to the same info. When I go back to TV Shows Library it is showing both shows under whichever show I updated last.

I have a main folder called TV Shows and inside I have a folder for each tv show. I have been changing the folder information for each individual show which is somehow also changing the information for the other individual tv show folders.

It's like as if I was modifying the parent folder that contains both shows but I am not. I am changing each individual shows folder.

Hope this makes sense thanks for you help
(2018-03-02, 22:48)Likea Boss Wrote: episodes form both shows are shown under one show

Ok, that might be my problem. I had no idea there were two shows named Gotham.

I have just looked at the TVDB. I found one show for Gotham... https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=274431&lid=7

I can't find the second Gotham show. Can you link me to it please.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry I probably didn't explain it well I kinda confused myself even when typing it lol.

So when I update video>files>tv shows>gotham info to correctly be set to gotham. It is also updating video>files>tv shows>marvel agents of SHIELD to gotham also.

So when I go back to TV Shows library it is showing all episodes of both shows under Gotham. Likewise if I update marvel to correctly show marvel it is updating Gotham episodes to show up under Marvel also.

Hope I explained it better that time Smile
Ah right.

Ok, most likely a folder structure and Source problem.

You have video>files>tv shows>gotham and video>files>tv shows>marvel agents of SHIELD. That looks right.

Which folder is the Source that you set in Kodi?- Videos? Files? TV Shows?
My Signature
(2018-03-02, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: Ah right.

Ok, most likely a folder structure and Source problem.

You have video>files>tv shows>gotham and video>files>tv shows>marvel agents of SHIELD. That looks right.

Which folder is the Source that you set in Kodi?- Videos? Files? TV Shows?
ok so source is Downloads which is set to movies for content. Then I manually target Downloads>TV Shows and set it's content to TV Shows and let all the individual TV Shows inside inherit their parents content from TV Shows. Which normally works perfect all the movies go into movies and all the tv shows go into tv shows library. I am not sure why these are linking together though it definitely doesn't happen for 90% of my shows and wasn't happening before I started using a new Scraper for TV Shows as old one was missing some shows. I did rescrape all shows at once I am not sure if some leftover info got left behind causing bugs or what.

I did have a similar problem in the past where different seasons of same show somehow got linked to When TV was Awesome(never even heard of this show before lol) but targeting folder of each season and updating info fixed that. It is different this time
Ok, that is an unusual way to set sources, but one I have never played with so can't really say 100% that it is wrong.

Can you remove both of those tv shows from your library, enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, and restart Kodi.

Now perform an Update Library so it is captured in the debug log you are creating.

Once done, upload the log to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and copy the link into a post here.

The log might show what is going wrong, and also tell me which scrapers you are using, platform and kodi version.
My Signature
I am using Openelec, Kodi 17.3 & Scaper is The Movie Database TV Version

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/w7x3cyCNRF/
ah, ok. I don't even have to look at the log.

OpenElec is barely maintained and has fallen way back on mandatory maintenance updates. The TVDB and TMDB scrapers no longer function correctly in OpenElec.

Best to move over to LibreElec which is properly maintained and current.
My Signature
Oh wow I did not know that! I'll take your advice. And ya it did that thing where it set it as "When TV was Awesome" again when it updated library after I removed and restarted!

Thanks for your help. Never would have thought that OpenELEC would have been the problem
Yup LibreElec fixed all my problems! Thanks again @Karellen
You're welcome. Enjoy Smile
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library linking 2 shows together?0