Can you update me on what the SMB support is looking like?
I use Kodi quite a bit. Unfortunately, every bit of my library is accessed through SMB. This is an absolute necessity for me. Can you please explain the issue in detail as well as where the team is on getting this working?

I KNOW it isn't working. I READ the link up top about it. It just doesn't give me any info other than it isn't there yet. I am asking for more info. I took the plunge and went on and got an Xbox One S because I saw that KODI was available for the platform. I currently use KODI with an Nvidia Shield Pro.

I am just asking for more detailed info....please.
I also have a question about NFS

Can I set up a Linux NFS server, set up SMB shares from my 6 NAS boxes to that, then simply point kodi to the NFS server? OR Do I have to set up NFS on each NAS box. I set up NFS on one of my NAS boxes and the problem is, I can't make an existing folder NFS accessible. The NAS box creates a folder when you enable NFS and I guess the crap to be shared on NFS must be there. Microsoft needs to stop being bitches and allow access to this platform. If this is going to be the platform going forward, people are going to be pissed if they cant simply plop a damned file down on a share and pick it up.

It looks as 2 of my oldest NAS boxes may not even support NFS. I am looking.

http://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg-N...ed-storage
Read the thread it's all explained in there.
Unnecessary thread closed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you update me on what the SMB support is looking like?0