Can't get Kodi to stop recording
Somehow I started recording TV in Kodi EPG and can't get it to stop recording. Any solutions?
Thread moved to PVR support.

Which PVR are you using? What source?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It should stop on its own after some amount of time but for future reference, if you don't want the recording, just go into the recordings directory and delete it.  Deleting the in-progress recording will stop further recording.

If you DO want the recording that is a lot trickier, because it may work differently depending on your backend software.  You can go into Timers and select the timer and remove it, but that MIGHT also kill the in-progress recording, depending on how the backend handles it.  So if you do want the recording, you probably should just leave it alone until it shuts off automatically.  I think the default for that is either two or four hours, not sure though.
What's a PVR?
Thanks. It's been recording for more than 2 days evidently. My wife and I aren't tech wizards and we don't know how it started recording or how to stop it. When we hit the delete button it tells us "this function cannot be applied" or something like that. I think flying a fighter jet would be simpler.
PVR (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get Kodi to stop recording0