• 4(current)
Release TubeCast
With the url that you said, 192.168.0.18 is the ip address of my phone. But i try both *.18 and *.10 (that is the pi address). Pi address says: File not found
Great Work, Thanks! This was really missing for Kodi

Do you plan to look further to make this available for V2 or CAF Receiver? I have not looked up the google developer specifications for this, but do you see this possible in the scope for youtube app support, if they ever remove the V1.
Does the plugin work at the moment? 

I get a connection, but the video doesn't start.

my setup:
RPi 3, LE9 latest milhouse, iOS 12, YT Version 13.37 (lol)
Thanks for a wonderful app. Works well on my end.

I notice 1 issue. I have 2 phone connected. Playback doesnt work. I need to dc one of them(paired) before it works with other paired phone.

Thanks..
(2018-07-09, 11:35)peqoud Wrote: Great Work, Thanks! This was really missing for Kodi

Do you plan to look further to make this available for V2 or CAF Receiver? I have not looked up the google developer specifications for this, but do you see this possible in the scope for youtube app support, if they ever remove the V1.
Sorry I don't even know what those are Smile
First of all, thank you for your effort in putting this add-on together. Great work!

I've just installed it and noticed the same problem as publicENEMY, when pairing 2 phones with Kodi. When the 1st phone is casting, the 2nd phone is unable to pair. Even the Kore remote app will not connect from the 2nd phone. Is this something that can be fixed or is it a limitation of design?
Might be that I am mixing up some things here Smile
I was referring to: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers

Another question:
I also have an instance of KOdi with tubecast running on a linux PC. Shows up quite fine in the app.
I also wanted to try to get your code working outside of Kodi on a windows PC, so I could look how I can help to improve this script for Kodi. Now that stubs work quite fine, yet I can not get it paired to the Youtube App.
The ssdp discovery seems works quite fine. The Youtube App also request for the device-desc.xml via GET. Yet after that it does no issue any command.
Maybe any ideas
(2018-10-30, 20:12)BokiSmoki777 Wrote: First of all, thank you for your effort in putting this add-on together. Great work!

I've just installed it and noticed the same problem as publicENEMY, when pairing 2 phones with Kodi. When the 1st phone is casting, the 2nd phone is unable to pair. Even the Kore remote app will not connect from the 2nd phone. Is this something that can be fixed or is it a limitation of design?
I am aware of this issue but unfortunately I don't have 2 phones at the moment to test. I also don't have a chromecast so I don't even know what is the expected behaviour when you pair two phones with the device. What should happen?
(2018-11-18, 23:15)peqoud Wrote: Might be that I am mixing up some things here Smile
I was referring to: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers

Another question:
I also have an instance of KOdi with tubecast running on a linux PC. Shows up quite fine in the app.
I also wanted to try to get your code working outside of Kodi on a windows PC, so I could look how I can help to improve this script for Kodi. Now that stubs work quite fine, yet I can not get it paired to the Youtube App.
The ssdp discovery seems works quite fine. The Youtube App also request for the device-desc.xml via GET. Yet after that it does no issue any command.
Maybe any ideas

The code is completely tied to Kodi and the youtube plugin it is hard to develop outside kodi. You can try gotubecast which is in the description and simply launches a chrome window. Or leapcast which is written in python but lacks the youtube control.
Thank for the reply.
Now I found the problem - also the cause why TubeCast is not working on my Windows 7 PC (also with Kodi).

The function socket.getfqdn(host) used by the class BaseHTTPRequestHandler takes about 4.5seconds. For the youtube app this seems to be too long to get a response from the HTTP request.
Great App which is so needed for Kodi!

I have two bugs I've noticed:

1. When using a mobile to create a playlist to cast, the Tubecast app only plays one track and then stops the playlist and cast link. When reconnecting this crashes Kodi completely.
2. If one track is casting and you skip to another track in the playlist then this also crashes Kodi completely.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am using Kodi 18 with verion 1.0.7 of Tubecast
(2019-02-15, 10:04)Tokolosh Wrote: Great App which is so needed for Kodi!

I have two bugs I've noticed:

1. When using a mobile to create a playlist to cast, the Tubecast app only plays one track and then stops the playlist and cast link. When reconnecting this crashes Kodi completely.
2. If one track is casting and you skip to another track in the playlist then this also crashes Kodi completely.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am using Kodi 18 with verion 1.0.7 of Tubecast
Hey. In which platform is this happening?
I'd like to try it but when I start pairing from addon i couldn't find the way to enter the code in my YouTube App in my android! where can I add the pairing code. Thanks for all
Dear enen92, i've been desperately trying to get the automatic discovery to work from an IOS device but with no success. The manual pairing works great, although until you restart Kodi so you need to do it every time.
I've tracked in debug and i do see the iphone's incoming datagrams, until the HTTP GET /ssdp/device-desc.xml which all seems fine, but i never got the Kodi item to show up in the Youtube app (on the iphone) as a possible sink.
Could i be doing something wrong? any help would be much appreciated. In fact i was even wondering whether it is intended to work IOS or if the functionality is only targeting Android.
thks!
(2019-03-10, 20:32)oliviercommelarbre Wrote: Dear enen92, i've been desperately trying to get the automatic discovery to work from an IOS device but with no success. The manual pairing works great, although until you restart Kodi so you need to do it every time.
I've tracked in debug and i do see the iphone's incoming datagrams, until the HTTP GET /ssdp/device-desc.xml which all seems fine, but i never got the Kodi item to show up in the Youtube app (on the iphone) as a possible sink.
Could i be doing something wrong? any help would be much appreciated. In fact i was even wondering whether it is intended to work IOS or if the functionality is only targeting Android.
thks!

It should work with iOS too. At least I tried with an Iphone 7 a few time ago and it worked. At the moment I don't have any available to try. Can you try with an android phone on the same network to check if the issue is not in your network?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TubeCast3