Solved Why are links to new Add-ons always dead?
Sometimes when a new addon gets posted I get excited and try to add it right away but it doesn't seem to show up in the official repository when I refresh it or in the link posted in the forums. How long should I reasonably expect to wait before a new addon is available to add? 

Thanks!
The answer to your question was answered previously. Here is an extract from a post by @Lunatixz...

(2018-02-28, 16:22)Lunatixz Wrote: @Martijn is correct in order for me to submit the plugin with a link to the forum page, the page needs to be created prior to submission.

When a plugin is submitted but unavailable to the user I attach [WIP] to the posts title, when it's merged I use [Released].

As for the website link, I have no control over it. The page updates every 16+ hrs? The plugin is usually available to the user through the Kodi repository long before a webpage is generated.

... You can find all my plugins here: https://kodi.tv/addons/browse?keyword=&c...value+DESC
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-03-04, 02:18)Karellen Wrote: The answer to your question was answered previously. Here is an extract from a post by @Lunatixz...
 Thanks for posting that for me! I googled for an answer before and never found anything specific, just links to how to refresh the repository for updated addons already installed. This explanation makes sense and gives me a time frame to wait so I'm not pestering any of the developers about something they have no control over.

PS: Is there a way to mark this as solved?
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why are links to new Add-ons always dead?0