• 4(current)
SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available)
(2018-04-10, 11:53)efigalaxie Wrote: I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I keep getting back that it can’t connect. I have I’d forward slashes, back slashes, direct IP address. Nothing...just it can’t do it. I am aggravated as hell. It is 5:30 am. I have to get a little sleep. I am no dumbass. I have been using this software fore a long time. Used Boxee Box before that. WD Box before that. I bought the damned Xbox thinking it would be superior to the Nvidia Shield. If Microsoft is making thins this terrible.....Jesus Christ. Yet, there seem to be a crapload of videos out there on how to use this alpha and add add ones you don’t like for illegal content. Those work....I tried them, deleted Kodi and reinstalled it fresh without them.

This is early ALPHA version and things may be broken. If you doesn't accept this, uninstall Kodi and wait final release.
I have no issues with empty passwords, special chars in password, slashes and etc. 

A Debug Log would be more effective than a million words.

(2018-04-10, 12:04)efigalaxie Wrote: It will play standard def movies, but is either oblivious or crashes when high def is selected

please provide a Debug Log with explanations what you meant of standard def movies and high def movies (codecs/resolutions and etc.)
It will be a few days as I am working now. High Def 1920xwhatever. Standard Def approx 480 x whatever

I understand it is an Alpha. More mad with myself than anything.
I have no SMB in virtual filesystems, and there is no way to download that type of addon either, so I just have to wait to maybe I get on the test version list?
Are you sure you’re looking in the right place? as it comes as part of the install package it’s in the My Addons section you need to enable it and not the addon repository.
From home page: Addons > My Addons > Virtual Filesystems > Only thing here is "Archive support"
Looking at System Information what build does it show that you have? are you signed up to the test build program detailed at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330554
Obviously that is the problem, I just have to wait for them to add me.
When did you register for the test build program? then I’ll ask the people responsible when the last update of registered users was done as it’s a manual process since it’s not something that can be automatically.
(2018-04-14, 12:49)jjd-uk Wrote: When did you register for the test build program? then I’ll ask the people responsible when the last update of registered users was done as it’s a manual process since it’s not something that can be automatically.
 A week ago Smile Tried again yesterday

palryvaenge hotmail

version: 17.9.112.70
I myself also registered about 3wks ago, in total about 4 times now.
I still don't have an "update" option on my menus. Sorry for the duplicate email entries, but I kept thinking something was wrong with the processing of the registered users.

I believe I'm still using git-2-2018 (which is probably the original Alpha version in the store section)
Sorry to add to this off topic. But its been 2 weeks and 2 sign ups for me and no update at this stage either. Very keen to get them.
Did the old XBMC on the original xbox use SMB 1.0?
@afedchin

see https://github.com/sahlberg/libsmb2/issues/35

just check for -EINVAL and large files will play correctly.
Xbox One Kodi with SMB2 still doesn't see any of my Windows machines. 

I have 3 systems in 3 rooms with Kodi on them. On those setups I only had to go File Manager => Add Source => Browse => Windows Network (SMB) => List of networked computers show up. 

From there I'd pick the main one containing my movie library. A list of shared directories on that machine comes up. I choose the directory with the movies. I pick the options in the menu for what the directory has and which scrapper I want to use and done.

I repeat the process for my TV show library.

When I do this on the Xbone I get to the part where I choose Windows Network (SMB) and it doesn't see any of my networked computers. It takes me directly to manually inputting the network info. Not a big deal except wheen I've completed manually inputting the info I get the message "Unable to retrieve contents from etc etc"
(2018-05-15, 01:16)vile80r Wrote: Xbox One Kodi with SMB2 still doesn't see any of my Windows machines. 

I have 3 systems in 3 rooms with Kodi on them. On those setups I only had to go File Manager => Add Source => Browse => Windows Network (SMB) => List of networked computers show up. 

From there I'd pick the main one containing my movie library. A list of shared directories on that machine comes up. I choose the directory with the movies. I pick the options in the menu for what the directory has and which scrapper I want to use and done.

I repeat the process for my TV show library.

When I do this on the Xbone I get to the part where I choose Windows Network (SMB) and it doesn't see any of my networked computers. It takes me directly to manually inputting the network info. Not a big deal except wheen I've completed manually inputting the info I get the message "Unable to retrieve contents from etc etc"
UPDATE- Finally got it to work but it was just way more involved than it should be. When you click on Add Source in File Manager then Windows Network, it should populate a list of networked computers like it does in Kodi for Windows and Android. Hopefully future updates will make that more streamlined.

Once I got my videos added to my library I did some play testing and ran into more issues. I started a video and it fired up great. I decided to skip forward a little bit by pressing the right direction on the d-pad four consecutive times. That will jump ahead 3 minutes based on my settings. The video and audio froze for about 5 or 6 seconds then finally jumped ahead 3 minutes and started to play. However, there was no longer any audio. 

I stopped the video and started it again from the beginning and it played like before but still no sound. I tried some other videos. All of which played but had no sound. 

I did a hard reset on the console and started Kodi again and like before, the audio was missing. 

As one last test, I started a stream from a retrovtv add-on. An episode of HR Pufnstuf. A bizarre show from my parent's youth. T worked great. Audio too.

So, somehow skipping ahead in one of my videos caused the audio to no longer work for any of them.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available)1