• 6(current)
SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available)
hi!

I'm turning crazy about smb setup on Xbox one.

I use an old PC running Win7 as server and i can share anything on my personal network, using anonymous logon, like i do with my HTPC.
So all my media files are stored on this server, and i play them from my HTPC running kodi using the path smb://servername/foldername/

But i can't connect from the xbox, it keeps asking me login/password that i don't use atm. Anything i can do about it?
(2018-06-29, 17:47)stunty999 Wrote: But i can't connect from the xbox, it keeps asking me login/password that i don't use atm. Anything i can do about it?

because SMBv2 requires user credentials by design. Kodi will use `Guest` if you don't define user/password. So you have to enable Guest account at your win7 host.
However you should start by disabling SMBv1
 https://www.howtogeek.com/321072/how-to-...om-attack/
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/file...sing-smb1/
Work great with a Debian Samba file share, thanks Laugh
Hello all.
Thanks for putting Kodi to the Xbox One!
I am trying for months to make SMB to work. I am using MediaPortal as TV Backend and it uses SMB to connect. But i have no idea how or maybe if it is possible to use TsReader and view recordings via SMB. Does @magro have to do sth to make it work?

Thanks,
Dark
thank you guys, i will try it this week end Smile
Can nobody answer my question?
(2018-07-19, 08:48)MC Darkmaster Wrote: Can nobody answer my question?

You might be better asking in the forum for the Mediaportal PVR addon, perhaps others like myself have no idea what TsReader has to do with anything.
smb doesn't work for me sharing from fedora. Sad times
Sad times here, because nobody is approving test flight applications right now i guess per their post?
(2018-07-28, 01:06)scythe000 Wrote: Sad times here, because nobody is approving test flight applications right now i guess per their post?
 I installed 18 alpha 3 from the store yesterday and have the smb addon available to enable.  I'm fairly certain I never signed up for test builds (though it's possible I forgot).

The addon is working great so far guys!
I looked for it, but I couldn’t find it. How did you find it?
So how do I get SMB support in Kodi? I can register for the Test builds, but as of April 18th they aren't sending them out. What gives?
Anyone? Which users are in charge of approvals?
When I try and add a Movie directory kodi doesn’t find my NAS movie folder. Message just comes up “Unable to connect”

Within kodi I’m choosing Movies  > Add videos… > Browse > Add network location… >

I choose Protocol Windows network (SMB)

Server name: NAS
Shared folder: MOVIES
Username: kodi
Password: kodi

Other Kodi devices in the house have the following set in the sources.xml and work fine (not my real username and password)

<source>
<name>MOVIES (NAS)</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://kodi:kodi@NAS/Movies/</path>
</source>/
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available)1