Windows network SMB Not Working
I just installed Kodi 17.6 on a new Raspberry Pi 3 and when I try to navigate to my Network Drive which I used to do via SMB, I can't navigate to it. I click on the button and it takes me to ".." When I click on the .. it returns me to the previous menu. Please not I had this working on a previous build on a Raspberry Pi 2 which has been upgraded to the latest release several times. I am trying to use the built in Kodi Backup software so I can restore the settings from my Raspberry Pi 2 to my Raspberry Pi 3. I also need to be able to navigate to where my video files are located, which are on the same Networked storage device.
What OS are you using to run Kodi 17.6? What OS are you using to share your Network Drive?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-03-05, 01:06)wussery Wrote: I just installed Kodi 17.6 on a new Raspberry Pi 3 and when I try to navigate to my Network Drive which I used to do via SMB, I can't navigate to it. I click on the button and it takes me to ".." When I click on the .. it returns me to the previous menu. Please not I had this working on a previous build on a Raspberry Pi 2 which has been upgraded to the latest release several times. I am trying to use the built in Kodi Backup software so I can restore the settings from my Raspberry Pi 2 to my Raspberry Pi 3. I also need to be able to navigate to where my video files are located, which are on the same Networked storage device.
 I downloaded the OS from osmctv website and clicked on Raspberry Pi and then Windows OSMC installer. When I click on System | System Info under Summary I get Operating system: Open Source Media Center 2018.01-1 (kernel:Linux 4.9.29-15-o....
Newer versions of Kodi don't use the oldest version of SMB that allows you to browse the network.  When you get the dialog box to browse, there should be something at the bottom that says ADD NETWORK LOCATION.  You can add the SMB location by IP address (or probably SMB name) and then save it.  After that you can browse that specific network device for shared folders and such.
(2018-03-05, 04:17)pkscout Wrote: Newer versions of Kodi don't use the oldest version of SMB that allows you to browse the network.  When you get the dialog box to browse, there should be something at the bottom that says ADD NETWORK LOCATION.  You can add the SMB location by IP address (or probably SMB name) and then save it.  After that you can browse that specific network device for shared folders and such.
 I don't see Add Network Location as an option on my Raspberry Pi 3 Device. Please note I can navigate to the Western Digital Cloud device using NFS, but when I click on the folder that I want, nothing happens. I have to press the escape key to get back to the Browse Remote Path option within the Backup Settings option dialog.
(2018-03-05, 05:30)wussery Wrote:  I don't see Add Network Location as an option on my Raspberry Pi 3 Device
navigate to: videos -> files -> add videos ... then select "Browse" .... then look at the bottom of the upcoming windows and you will see the "Add Network Location"-option

See:

https://imgur.com/a/L9lNP
(2018-03-05, 04:17)pkscout Wrote: Newer versions of Kodi don't use the oldest version of SMB that allows you to browse the network.  When you get the dialog box to browse, there should be something at the bottom that says ADD NETWORK LOCATION.  You can add the SMB location by IP address (or probably SMB name) and then save it.  After that you can browse that specific network device for shared folders and such.
 Then is the entry Windows network (smb) obsolete?
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-03-05, 13:05)DaVu Wrote:
(2018-03-05, 05:30)wussery Wrote:  I don't see Add Network Location as an option on my Raspberry Pi 3 Device
navigate to: videos -> files -> add videos ... then select "Browse" .... then look at the bottom of the upcoming windows and you will see the "Add Network Location"-option

See:

https://imgur.com/a/L9lNP  
This worked for me. Thanks a lot. After adding my NAS device's IP address and authentication information (user id and password), I was then able to go back to Kodi Backup and select this location from the Browse List and I can now do backups and restores. My goal here is to restore my 17.6 Kodi configuration from my Raspberry 2 to my Raspberry 3. I'll let you know what percolates as I try to get things setup like they were before on my old Raspberry Pi 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows network SMB Not Working0