No SMB searching for Music Artwork in Kodi 17.6, but what about 18?
To be clear, it's not just on my Shield TV (Android), but also on my Windows 10 systems. And after testing the latest Alpha 18, it is also presented there.

So the problem is, it doesn't show (or give the option) to choose any different location for where the Artwork can be located. In my case, all my media is on my NAS, which I have setup to use SMB. If I wish to change Artwork for my Movies or TV Shows, the options show that I can browse using SMB to my file share (and I do, and everything works as expected). In Music, I am only seeing (on the Shield TV), locations on my Android system (the local files, or the attached thumbdrive), but no Network drives (my NAS) nor are there options to just Browse (where I could possibly type in the network IP address). In Windows 10, I can see my C: and D: and can Browse (again no area to type in an IP address), but nothing brings up the SMB (network) shares.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't an SMB (or any other Network protocol) issue within Kodi, it is a lack of presentation of network resources within the Music section of Kodi. As again, it works correctly in the Movies and TV sections (in both Kodi 17.6 and the new 18 Alpha).

Messages In This Thread
RE: No SMB searching for Music Artwork in Kodi 17.6, but what about 18? - by Powerhouse - 2018-03-09, 19:42

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No SMB searching for Music Artwork in Kodi 17.6, but what about 18?0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.