Deleted movies/tv shows still show after deletion.
Only using Kodi to stream movies to a box I put together with an Odroid C2/Android 6. Movies are on a Qnap NAS. If I add a movie to my NAS and Update Library under Movies or TV Shows, the video shows. If I delete the video file off the NAS, it still shows, even though I have Update Library on Startup set in Settings/Library. Manually updating the library still does not remove the video. The only way it works is i have to Clean Library under Settings/Library.

So.....how can I fix this?
I confirm that you have to clean library to clean the library. Updating library only looks for new stuff.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Add  <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> to advancedsettings.xml.  Updating library auto at start up cleans deleted former entries here using current official release first time, every time.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Yes and if for some reason a source is not reachable, you risk deleting the whole source.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-03-06, 06:53)brazen1 Wrote: Add  <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> to advancedsettings.xml.  Updating library auto at start up cleans deleted former entries here using current official release first time, every time.
 Thanks!

WTH Kodi does not have this as a option in settings....
(2018-03-06, 07:15)nickr Wrote: Yes and if for some reason a source is not reachable, you risk deleting the whole source.
 Take heed.  These are words of wisdom ^.  Indeed if a data sourced HDD is not recognized for some reason (NAS problem, Windows drive letter problem, HDD failed, etc.) KODI will assume you removed it just like if you did a single title and all info for the entire drive of titles will be lost forcing you to re-scrape once you reintroduce it.  This means watched status, edited names, and any custom cached info will need to be rebuilt like artwork.  So, if you are confident you are not going to lose a source, that xml addition works very well but if you are not ok with rebuilding, best not to use it.  What I do is back up the entire KODI folder of fully tuned working from time to time.  About 5GB.  I simply copy and paste it somewhere I can retrieve it should anything go wrong with the one in use.  Very handy after experimenting and you get corruption issues (mainly skins) or you actually lose source info or have made so many changes you're lost and can't get back where you started to make another fresh attempt.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted movies/tv shows still show after deletion.0