• 63(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
Found fix for anyone else experiencing same problem:

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...73614fc1c3
Is it possible to change this color? #1c1c08  which I think is the "default" skin color. 

I think it's the "default colour" but in the skin settings it's locked

The color I am trying to change is the "background panel" color for movie and tv info panels. Both when it's solid and semi transparrent

(2019-02-11, 02:29)19Ted54 Wrote: Hello and some help, please!

I have on a Win10 PC updated from 'Krypton' with an Aeon MQ 7 mod to 'Leia'. The skin was disabled during the update and I installed the latest Aeon MQ 7 Leia mod V 1.0.1.4. Then I took the old skin 'settings.xml' and put it in the new skin folder. Restart and everything was there and O.K. apart from:

# 1 - The horizontal menu bar (orange bar under 'settings on photo 2 in post #1 in this thread) is missing and I cannot find a way to activate it on the settings.

# 2 - The standard first item when starting in the home window was 'Movies' - now it is 'TV Shows' and I cannot find a way to change that.

Thank you for your help!
Best, Eduard

For # 1
Go to Settings, down to the bottom of the list Skin Settings.. then in Main Menu on the right hand side you should see a Hide Menu Bar 3rd option down from the top... turn that to off and it should be back.

For # 2.. I havent been able to find this either, It used to work under the interface and display settings, then Startup.. but changing the startup window doesnt do anything.
(2019-02-11, 13:22)koldtoft Wrote: Is it possible to change this color? #1c1c08  which I think is the "default" skin color. 

I think it's the "default colour" but in the skin settings it's locked

The color I am trying to change is the "background panel" color for movie and tv info panels. Both when it's solid and semi transparrent

Not sure if it will work, but you can check under Skin settings at the bottom of the list, then in Colours.
I see a Change panel colour and a Titles colour section.. Not tried it myself
(2019-02-11, 13:52)SteveSmith Wrote: Not sure if it will work, but you can check under Skin settings at the bottom of the list, then in Colours.
I see a Change panel colour and a Titles colour section.. Not tried it myself

Thanks, but no I already tried that. The Panel color is the lines only. See image: 

Is there any way to change the Recently Aired Episodes Widget to display series posters instead of season posters? When a new season begins sometimes there isn't a season poster available yet. Also, I get a weird bug on some posters in the widget where the aspect is screwed up is its squished into landscape instead of portrait.
(2019-02-11, 13:52)SteveSmith Wrote: The color I am trying to change is the "background panel" color for movie and tv info panels. Both when it's solid and semi transparrent

@koldtoft 

You will not find another skin where you can make more color adjustments, but what you want to achieve is a very special request. You will not be able to do that with any settings in skin. You will not fail to deal with skinning .xml, especially dealing with textures and colors.

I have just spent 10 minutes on something and try to give you a little food for thought:

Go to C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod\1080i
Open the file DialogVideoInfo.xml with notepad++
We only look at the menu bar background color now:
Search in notepad++ for this line:

Code:
                <control type="image">
                    <left>0</left>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>45</height>
                    <texture>darkgrey.png</texture>
                    <colordiffuse>$INFO[Skin.String(colortexture)]</colordiffuse>
                    <include>Animation_DefaultGlass2</include>
                </control>

Texture: This is the base texture and the base color, most of the base textures in this skin are darkgrey.
This texture is in the textures.xbt of the skin.
Colordiffuse: So you can color any texture afterwards. As far as I understand, the colored is then mixed with the base color of the base texture. You can also use it to set opiacity that also affect the base texture.
In this case, we defined the coloring by a Skin.String (I do not explain now), but you can define the color directly in ARGB format (for e.g yellow = FFFFFF00)
https://kodi.wiki/view/Colour_themes
The include is unimportant in this case and makes no difference.

Darkgrey (base texture) to turn into yellow will be very difficult. The best way is to create a new texture with your desired color (1x1 pixel is enough) and enter the texture path (or compile it into textures.xbt https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool )
With collordiffuse you can then set your opiacity and if necessary, change color tone something.
Base ARGB color table: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api...-table.png
Opiacity values: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2320...-hex-value

After a few minutes playing around:

_____
Since this is really a very special matter that does not have much to do with the skin itself, the skinning .xml area is more of the right place to open a thread and ask for support there:
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12
I will not go into this more detail in this (wrong thread) - further support in skinning area.

I hope I could give you a little food for thought, Leave a thumb up if it helped. Greetings, Chris
Steve,

thanks for your answer, I should have elaborated that I have already tried the obvious....

The switch is not working in terms of that it is switching, but there is no reaction in the skin. Also tried to change to vertical menu and there is also no bar, whatever I try with the switch.

I thought that the problem (bug?) is hidden somewhere in the textfiles which do all the magic, but the knowledge of where to look and what to look for is beyond my capabilities.

Thanks for attempt to help me, but I think that this is a case for the designer of the skin mod...

Best, Eduard
Viribus unitis
@19Ted54

Close KODI and open the file Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod\settings.xml. Find the following two lines...
Code:
<setting id="mymenubar" type="string">mq7menubar</setting>
<setting id="myverticalmenubar" type="string">mq7menubarvertical</setting>

If you don't have them, add them to the file.

Also, there is a bug with the horizontal menu in Leia where TV Shows is focused instead of Movies. I still haven't figured that one out yet.
(2019-02-11, 20:04)chrissix Wrote: I hope I could give you a little food for thought, Leave a thumb up if it helped. Greetings, Chris

You most definitely could.

It took a few hours to figure it all out and get everything tweaked just right, but I got pretty close.

I could not get the texture tool to work, so I ended up adding full directory paths to the background .png files (darkgrey.png etc) in the .xml files to different images and that worked perfectly for my styling needs.

Thanks again @"chrissix" you have been fantastically helpful and it's greatly appreciated. 

Here are my results so far:

Another movie: https://i.imgur.com/af1p7aQ.jpg

Another movie: https://i.imgur.com/MOdjTi3.jpg

TV Shows: https://i.imgur.com/Uk8xcmr.jpg

TV Seasons: https://i.imgur.com/RTJ8kf4.jpg

TV Episodes: https://i.imgur.com/aeSLxIb.jpg
Hello latts - and thank you!

# 1 - The menu bar is back, the settings.xml did not define 'mymenubar', inserted your string and there it is!

# 2 - TVShow focus - well, let's hope that the developers of Kodi have an open ear...

# 3 - As long as I have you here, there is a long time request, probably not only for me, but also for others who have the 'old eyes problem':

I am using the 'wide view' in my menus and when I am in a (for example) TVShow I go to > Show > Season > Episodes and then I highlight an episode. Then 1 click to the right, the 'fast jump' (bar to the right comes up) and a second click to the right and you come to the screen with the fanart in the background and the episode text.

Here is the problem: The episode text is in a window, tucked to the right, about 40% of the screen width, the text is somewhat standard.
Request: Is it possible to enlarge this text box and make the text bigger for my old eyes, ideal would be a centered, large box with large text... - are there settings where I could play around?

Thank you very much, phantastic work, keep it up!!

Best, Eduard
Viribus unitis
@19Ted54

#1 - Glad you got the menu bar working!

#2 - I believe it has something to do with the horizontal/vertical option to Aeon MQ 7. Other Aeon skins I've looked at don't have this problem.

#3 - If you go to Settings>Skin Settings>Options Menu and disable "ORIGINAL SIZE IN VIDEO INFORMATION" the plot will increase in size a great deal.

You're welcome! A pretty hefty update is coming soon!
@latts

# 3 - Sorry, once again I am this tiny step ahead - and I had already disabled this switch...

​I know that I am asking a lot - larger box & bigger text - but I still am sure that it could be changed somewhere in these textfiles (computers are silly things, they just do what they're told to do), but I do not know where to start without destroying the whole skin....

Best, Eduard
Viribus unitis
(2019-02-11, 02:29)19Ted54 Wrote: Then I took the old skin 'settings.xml' and put it in the new skin folder. Restart and everything was there and O.K. apart from:
Have I understood that correctly? You simply copied the old settings.xml from krypton to leia?

If so...

It is not surprising that some things do not work. You should not do that basically.
A new full Kodi version jump 17.6 -> 18
A new ported skin
-> new settings.xml

Not only variables could have changed but syntax as well.
It may be simpler to reinvent some from scratch instead of copying the .xml from old to new and then trying to fix it afterwards.

If I got it wrong, just ignore this post.

______

@koldtoft 

Nice to hear that you could make your desired adjustments yourself. In the screenshots, I see some changes in the color nuance. I assume you have in the editor with a "replace all by" just the gray.png replaced by something else. If you want to send me your modified .xml's and the texture to the e-mail address see below would be really nice to take a short look at it.

______

@19Ted54 

Since this is really a very special concern, you will either have to live with it, or you will try to do it yourself in .xml.
How about a screenshot, which view and what kind of picture and a hint how it should look like? My english is actually not that bad but with your text description you can not quite follow what you want to achieve. Pictures say more than 1000 words. Maybe I can then show you the place in the code that you need to adjust.
@latts9923 

Thank you very much for the ArtworkBeef Code, I've been working on it for days. Although I understand only half of it, I was able to bring it backward enginnering and make it work. It's a little different from my approach but definitely useful and
but really excellent in a similar way. I will go into the thread I've created a while ago soon closer to it. Now here it would go beyond the scope (many questions/scenarios)
____

Short feedback on RightList OpenCase Mod:

->The OpenCase animation in scenarios of windows open and close you could improve a lot. When using the search function, there is still need, but it is in any case already very useful.
->The Animation timer for main spinning disc if activated and shown later when opencase is activated does also functional a lot better
->The disc that spins briefly in case is a very cool additional animation.
->With the added black background, you can hide very well when changing the back texture layers.

A few things that I noticed/suggestions:

->If no extrakeyart activated but no aviable then only single keyart shown - very convenient, I understood the function so far.
But is there a keyart fallback? If no keyart aviable fallback to poster, I found no.
->For extrakeyart function no reflection is possible i know, but for single keyart reflection is missing
->The reflection of the thumb box back shimmers through the case reflection. (Because of opiacity). I have not been able to solve it yet, but I just came up with the idea of trying to give the "black background" also a reflection as well and to conceal it a bit.
->The cases are stretched, so the disc indentation of the case (because oval and not round) does not match the (round) disc, which is very noticeable.
Could try to change the case aspect ratio from stretched to keep and fit the posters back in. (Now the posters are stretched a bit in the width, then they would be little narrower) it would be worth a try.

When the movie entries change, the transition is a lot slower than with my old RightList version. I like that. I can not find any reason why that is. Has FanartCrossFadetime been extended for some versions ago?
____

I'm going to devote myself to the artwork beef fadelabel a bit now, and hope that I'll ask you one or two questions when I'm ready.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod13