• 65(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
(2019-02-13, 19:38)the_bo Wrote: Are you using a remote or keyboard

lol, i need this only when changing stuff in .xml and that i do only with a keyboard on pc -> keyboard
I am very curious. I never read about it either in the skinning manual, or anywhere else in this forum.
But let's not spam the thread with off-topic, let's discuss this in a new thread or maybe already one open with same/similar topic
(2019-02-13, 21:07)chrissix Wrote: But let's not spam the thread with off-topic, let's discuss this in a new thread or maybe already one open with same/similar topic

Agreed. 

@the_bo can you start a new thread with your instructions and post the link to it here? 

To answer your question the Logitech harmony elite has a touch screen so plenty of buttons Smile   But a menu item in the context menu would be ok. A remove button would be really cool tho, so I could just stay on the screen and refresh it with a click of the remote.
(2019-02-13, 16:13)the_bo Wrote: @koldtoft
@MB1968

You can simply make it bigger by opening dialogvideoinfo.xml and search for word clearlogo

Then experiment with reducing the width and height tags to your liking. You may need to change the position of it also.

It's good to learn how XML works can take a while to practice. Also make a backup of the XML file so you can replace if you mess up.

I also recommend mapping a button to your remote so you can refresh the skin quickly so you can see changes to the skin when press the button. If you need help with that let me know.
I could do so.... But if @latts9923 is willing to implement my suggestion, it will save me extra time for customising the file each time when it's been updated. I'm suffering from a chronic shoulder and neck injury and can''t afford spending to much time on my computer.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@"chrissix" 
@koldtoft 

I will just post one quick tutorial here incase anyone else needs it. If you need any other info can PM me.

Map a key/button to refresh skin changes

1. Close kodi and navigate to folder .kodi/userdata/keymaps
2. Next double click on the keyboard.xml or gen.xml file.
3. Add your key you want to map to like the following. I used f5 key but you can choose any key instead just replace f5.

Note: Kodi uses a list of default keyboard keys for kodi controls. Make sure the key you choose doesn't clash with any of the default control keys. See here Keyboard_controls (wiki)
Code:
<keymap>
   <global>
       <keyboard>
           <f5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</f5>
       </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

Note for remotes 
If you are using a remote instead of a keyboard you need an extra step.

1. You need to install the keymap editor addon in the kodi repo and run it and map something (can be anything) to the button you want to use to get the right key id.
2. Save changes in keymap editor.
3. Open the gen.xml file in .kodi/userdata/keymaps. There should be a line with the command you saved in keymap editor and a key ID and a bunch of numbers like <key id=“61531”> where the id is your button id.
4. So replace the f5 line above to something like
Code:
<keymap>
   <global>
       <keyboard>
           <key id=“61531”>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</key>
       </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

5. Save your xml file. Restart kodi. Now when you are working on the skin, press the button and after a few seconds the skin will reload with changes.

Hope this helps Smile 

Any issues can PM me
(2019-02-13, 21:59)MB1968 Wrote: I could do so....

Then do so....
Quote:I'm suffering from a chronic shoulder and neck injury and can''t afford spending to much time on my computer.

I am very sorry about that
hello, someone know how hide the imdb top 250 tag or desactivated?

my tags "languages" shift on the screen ...
(2019-02-13, 16:13)the_bo Wrote: You can simply make it bigger by opening dialogvideoinfo.xml and search for word clearlogo

Forgive me if I am being an idiot here, but I can't seem to get this to work.

I have successfully changed the size of the "topart" clearlogo in the DialogVideoInfo.xml but I want to make the logo larger in the ShowCase view before I select a movie, and I can't for the life of me, find anything in the ViewsShowCase.xml that is named clearlogo or topart or anything like that.

Ps. Just to be clear, it's this logo I am trying to change the size of (before I select a movie) https://i.imgur.com/xlYYrgg.jpg
(2019-02-13, 22:03)the_bo Wrote: Hope this helps Smile 

It did. Much appreciated.
(2018-11-06, 00:33)PH-SYM Wrote:
(2018-11-05, 14:19)latts9923 Wrote: When I added the IMDB Top 250 icon to the media flags it shifted the subtitles to the right. I might remove the third audio flag and only display two audio and two subtitle flags to remedy that problem.
That would be great. I usually put the important audio- and subtitle tracks in front so that would be perfect. 

Excuse Me.
But i have exactly this issue.

How fix it?
I have the last release of aeon mq7.

And in the right list view for movie, the second flag language show above the text 5.1
Progress report Smile
As you can probably tell I am pretty happy with myself Big Grin
  • Manage to resize and rearrange ratings and reviews to make it a bit cleaner looking, and I removed Metacritics and TMDb reviews.
  • Fixed the text in showcase view to align properly with headlines

Not done yet, but getting closer to what I am after. 

Thanks @the_bo and @"chrissix" I could have never managed to figure this out without your help. Smile

Ps. Still can't figure out where to resize the topart / clearlogo in the showcase view Sad
(2019-02-14, 02:41)koldtoft Wrote: Progress report Smile
As you can probably tell I am pretty happy with myself Big Grin
  • Manage to resize and rearrange ratings and reviews to make it a bit cleaner looking, and I removed Metacritics and TMDb reviews.
  • Fixed the text in showcase view to align properly with headlines

Not done yet, but getting closer to what I am after. 

Thanks @the_bo and @"chrissix" I could have never managed to figure this out without your help. Smile

Ps. Still can't figure out where to resize the topart / clearlogo in the showcase view Sad

Great work Smile

If I can recall I believe the clearlogo in showcase belongs to a different XML file as the clearlogo appears in multiple views in same position.

Can't remember on top of my head but I believe it may be called MyMenuNavigation.xml
or NavigationBar.xml or something with navigation in the XML name.

Try searching for clearlogo and changing in one of those XML files.

When I get to my laptop tomorrow I will find the correct XML file.
@"chrissix"

You're welcome!

I can look at adding a fallback to poster if no keyart is present.

I can look at adding a keyart reflection.

I'll take a look at the case dimensions again.

My FanartCrossFadeTime setting in includes.xml is <constant name="FanartCrossFadeTime">350</constant>.

Sure...I'll help out with the fadelabel as much as I can.
@koldtoft
@MB1968

I can look at increasing the size of the logo in those areas.
@the_bo

Thanks for the info on the skin reload! I've just been switching to a different skin and then back to MQ 7 to test changes.
@rdupontel

I thought I had the language flags fixed. I'll take another look at them.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod13