• 147(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
@latts9923 With a lot of help from other users, I figured out how to sort moviesets. For example I couldn't in Marvel phase two, the movie Ant-Man came out after the Avengers: age of ultron. However in plot description it's the other way around. Like you see here.

But by changing a few lines in IncludesVariables.xml, I set up boxsets plot description tu sort movies by sorttitle in each movie's nfo file. I designate my sort titles for every boxset movie as Movie 01, Movie 02, Movie 03 ect, which it worked. Here are the lines I changed in IncludesVariables.xml, the lines are located in "VideoPlotVar3"

I changed this:

<variable name="VideoPlotVar3">
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,plot) + Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[Container.ShowPlot]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,plot) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Tagline)">[COLOR $INFO[Skin.String(colorheader)]]$INFO[ListItem.Tagline] - [/COLOR]$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,plot) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(Set.Movies.ExtendedPlot))">$INFO[Window(home).Property(Set.Movies.ExtendedPlot)]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,plot)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,consensus) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Tagline)">[COLOR $INFO[Skin.String(colorheader)]]$INFO[ListItem.Tagline] - [/COLOR]$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,consensus) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Tagline)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,off)"></value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
    </variable>

To this:

<variable name="VideoPlotVar3">
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,plot) + Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[Container.ShowPlot]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,plot) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Tagline)">[COLOR $INFO[Skin.String(colorheader)]]$INFO[ListItem.Tagline] - [/COLOR]$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,plot) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.ExtendedPlot))">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.ExtendedPlots)]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,plot)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,consensus) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Tagline)">[COLOR $INFO[Skin.String(colorheader)]]$INFO[ListItem.Tagline] - [/COLOR]$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(preferplot,off)"></value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
    </variable>

And it sorted the movies in the boxet plot description by sorttitle. Not by year or alphabeticallyImage

Also, by using those same changes in "VideoPlotVar3" it also allowed me to view boxset concensus:

Which it didn't allow me to view it before

I don't know if anyone else is having those issues but by changing the lines in IncludesVariables.xml, like I just showed moment ago in this same post, it fixed my problem.

Also if you change the lines in moviesetdetails.py from this:

movieset_movies = sorted(movieset['movies'], key=itemgetter("year"))

To this: 

movieset_movies = sorted(movieset['movies'], key=itemgetter("sorttitle"))

It'll sort the movies inside your movie boxset alphabetically by sort title, instead of by year or alphabetically by original title. Which I think is better because you can make your sort title be whatever you want in your nfo file and it'll still display your movies by original title but sort them by sort title. You have to choose to sort it by title but when you choose that option, kodi will sort your movies by sort title by default first. If you don't have a sort title name of your choosing in your nfo file, it'll sort it by original title instead.

I have all my sort titles (in my boxsets) designated as Movie 01, Movie 02, Movie 03 ect. And my movies are sorted as such as you see in the picture above.

Well, @latts9923  I hope this is helpful for your next update. And not that good at explaining stuff, I'm sorry if I'm hard to undertand Huh . I only did like 15% of the work to figure this out. Other people in the forum from other threads helped me out to understand. I'm quite new at this. 

Well, again I hope this is helpful in some way. Sorry if I made this post too long. Thanks for the new update  Blush
@nomnom27
After looking into this, it appears that there is not a way for Kodi to scrape IMDb for TV Shows. I know there is an option for <top250> in the NFO file, but right now Kodi does not use it.

I fixed the plot and separator problem on the Video Info screen. It will be part of the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

I fixed the problem with the IMDb rating not displaying in KodiFlix. Right now it only displays if you enable "CASES" in the Top Menu. It will be part of the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

I'll take a look at the changes you made for sorting movies.

@JanM201
You're welcome!
Hi @latts9923 
See picture:
How do I turn this off?
I thought this button turned it off:
I'll await your replay. Thanks very much.
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
Hi,
I just saw your comment about IMDb for TV shows. It's showing up for me:
Not sure why it's not working for other people.
@JanM201
After enabling/disabling the Information Bar, you have to refresh the screen or back out to the Main Menu and enter the view again.

The IMDb rating image works fine in KodiFlixTV, but for KodiFlix it will only appear if you have "CASES" enabled in the Top Menu. I have a fix coming in the next update.

I see you have the show "Dark" in your collection. That is one of the best shows I've ever watched!
Hi @latts9923 
Thanks, working perfect now.
Yes, Dark is a fantastic show, highly recommend it.
Sorry for giving you some more work, but I think I found some more bugs. See picture:
As you can see, if you have "Consensus' selected, no information shows up for the Box set.
If you have "Plot" selected, it shows up fine.
Can we also have this information when we select "Consensus"?
The same problem is true for TV Shows, see pictures:

Thanks again for all your hard work, this skin is almost perfect.
When people see this skin, there jaws drop to the ground. Rofl
(2020-08-08, 01:34)latts9923 Wrote: UPDATE #25 - This will update the skin to v1.0.2.6

To install this version, bring up the context menu for my repo and select "CHECK FOR UPDATES". Kodi should begin downloading the skin update.

ImageAdditions
  • I added code to KodiFlix to display the consensus when the tagline is missing. Thanks to JanM201 for the request!
  • I added code to KodiFlix to display additional "backup" discart for Sets when "EXTRAS" is enabled. The "backup" discart now functions like the original discart.
  • I added an "ENTER MASTER MODE" button to the context menu. Thanks to mataus19 for the request!
  • I added code to display "DIALOGUE TOP ART" to the views Banner, Banner Info, Coverflow, LandscapeX, MultiPlex, Panel, Poster, Posterlite, Sets, Shelf, Showart, Showcase and Wall. This is based on the setting "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS:" just like the VideoInfo screen. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for the request!
  • I added code to "DIALOGUE TOP ART" to display the animated logo for Movies/Sets if available.
  • I added code to hide the plot when viewing Seasons in KodiFlixTV when plot is set to off. Thanks to JanM201 for the request!
  • I added code to KodiFlix to display the same user rating star that KodiFlixTV displays. Thanks to JanM201 for the request!
  • I added some white Dutch studio icons. They are located in media/resources/studios. Thanks to MB1968 for providing the icons!

ImageBug fixes
  • I fixed a problem with the Fanart Shadow for KodiFlix not displaying correctly when you enable "HIDE INFO". Thanks to mataus19 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem with the position and aspectratio of the "backup" discart for Sets when you have "EXTRAS" enabled in KodiFlix and the discart is missing.
  • I fixed a problem with the game summary not displaying for IAGL. Thanks to 521256 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem with the Fanart Shadow for KodiFlix not displaying when you enable "HIDE FLOOR". Thanks to JanM201 for reporting the bug!
Thanks for the update. I'll install it within a couple of days. We are currently facing extreme temperatures in the Netherlands. 7 days in a row 86°F to 98°F. Too hot to use the pc.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@JanM201
You're welcome!

I made some changes to the plot variable. Here's what will display now...

1. If you have "PLOT" selected and the tagline is available, you will see the tagline and the plot.
2. If you have "PLOT" selected and the tagline is missing, you will see the plot only.
3. If you have "PLOT" selected and you have a Set selected, you will see the extended plot for the movies in the set.
4. If you have "CONSENSUS" selected and the tagline and plot outline is available, you will see the tagline and consensus.
5. If you have "CONSENSUS" selected and the tagline is missing but the plot outline is available, you will see the consensus only.
6. If you have "CONSENSUS" selected and the tagline is available but not the plot outline, you will see the tagline and plot.
7. If you have "CONSENSUS" selected and the tagline and plot outline are both missing, you will see the plot only.
8. If you have "CONSENSUS" selected and you have a Set selected, you will see the Set plot.

@MB1968
You're welcome!

Wow...that's extreme for you there? In Oklahoma, we'd call that a cool down in the summertime. Haha.
(2020-08-11, 13:04)latts9923 Wrote: @JanM201
You're welcome!

@MB1968
Wow...that's extreme for you there? In Oklahoma, we'd call that a cool down in the summertime. Haha.

Yes that is pretty extreme for here. Old weather records for August are being broken daily now. 86°F is not uncommon, but 5days on a row 97°F is rare. With our humid climate, it feels unpleasant
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2020-08-03, 16:15)latts9923 Wrote: @MrSmith2019
You've probably already tried this, but after enabling KodiFlixTV and you are in the Seasons view, it should default to the Right List view. Can you access the Top Menu and arrow right to select KodiFlixTV?

Yes, that's it! I dont tried it before because i was not able to activate KodiFlix View in the Seasons view. Its working now. Thanks.

I've got a other question. When i startup Kodi it always shows "Preparation... Searching for new items" on the top. But i deactivated this in the Kodi Options. So i dont know if this is a Kodi Issue or a skin issue.
Any ideas guys?

PS: Same here in germany with the hot weather...
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
@MB1968
That humidity on top of the heat is what will take you down...we have the same problem. Stafe safe bud!

@MrSmith2019
You're welcome...glad you got it working!

I had the same problem on my Fire TV a few months ago. I did not have "UPDATE LIBRARY ON STARTUP" enabled, but Kodi would update the library on startup every time. It turned out to be one of my Video Add-ons. Try disabling Add-ons one at a time until you find the culprit.
(2020-08-11, 20:35)latts9923 Wrote: I had the same problem on my Fire TV a few months ago. I did not have "UPDATE LIBRARY ON STARTUP" enabled, but Kodi would update the library on startup every time. It turned out to be one of my Video Add-ons. Try disabling Add-ons one at a time until you find the culprit.

Ok, can i ask you which video addon it was on your site?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Hi @latts9923 
I've seen your reply, but I'm not sure it's going to fix the problem I'm having.
Let's do KodiFlix first and forget about KodiFlixTV for now. I'll try to explain below.
Movie with tagline (In yellow):
Movie without tagline:
As you can see it's working perfect, exactly what I want (Just showing an overview of the movie & not the plot).

Now if I go to the Movie Set, it's not showing any information:
I have to change it to plot to show the correct information on the left:
But if you go back to a movie now, it's showing the full plot (Not what I wanted):
Sorry for the long winded post, but it's the only way I could explain my problem to you (Hope you make sense of it all).
Is there a way to resolve my problem? Huh
Thanks in advance.
@MrSmith2019
Sorry...I've reinstalled Kodi on that FireTV since then, and I don't remember which Add-on it was that caused the problem.

@JanM201
Is the consensus and plot you show for "Interstellar" coming from what you entered in the NFO file? Your plot is different from mine.
Yes, directly from Nfo.
Thanks
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod13