DRM addons
I recently read about Kodi supporting drm on a low-level in Leia.  They mentioned that there are already some addons that have been released that have the DRM ability built in.  My questions are:
1.  Does anyone have a list of the addons that support viewing the drm content?
2.  What is the process?  To my understanding, kodi won't actually provide the ability to use the DRM.  It will be handled through Chrome and kodi will access the chrome plugin.  Does anyone have any insight on how to set this up?
anyone?
There are Netflix and Amazon Instant addons available that can be used with Kodi.
I've found Netflix can be a bit temperamental when using on the Window platform with Kodi, but using with Android seems to work consistently.
I haven't actually tried Amazon Instant, as I don't currently have an account. However, I understand that also works well with Kodi.

You can get the Netflix addon here:
https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix and
Amazon addon here: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc
Thanks.  I'm really hoping this moves forward.  I really hate switching back and fourth between here and my Roku to watch live channels.  I know that sounds petty but I have been looking for a good way to get all of my live feeds, movies, and recorded shows in on location for 5 years.  Everything I try has some good Pros but never seems to be the complete package.  PseudoTV Live was a good option.  It was branched off an already existing addon called PseudoTV (i'm sure you know about it.) and the live part was added.  I was very excited about it upon hooking it up but had nothing but problems with it.  I tried several times to inquire what I was doing wrong after failing to find an answer in the hundreds of posts but never could get anywhere.  Lunatixz is known for being the opposite of nice.  I'm sure he got a pretty big chip on his shoulder after years of people bad mouthing his addon every time it didn't work exactly like they wanted.  Unfortunately, it ruined it for the rest of us that did our best to make what he made to work for our needs and searched before asking questions.  Anyway, I don't know of another addon out there that can incorporate the live network channels into kodi (legally) so I'm really hopping that kodi can gain the network's trust and get some official addons from them.
Put pressure on your provider to support Kodi.

Lunatxz is actually a very nice guy, and if you did your research you'd realise he is completely re-writing PseudoTV-Live. http://www.pseudotvlive.com/

He also creates a huge number of Kodi addons, as well as fixing many that have been abandoned by their original authors.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks.  I've already been putting in requests with them to support Kodi. 
I really enjoy Kodi. I know that everyone out there wants it to work for their specific needs but I think the live TV portion of Kodi could definitely separate it from the herd.  I love the piece of PTV Live that gives you the ability to add live feeds from different addons to the guide.  

Just like Kodi is able to have all different sources of media, It would be logical for the TV guide to be able to aggregate all different Live tv feeds into the Kodi TV section.  To be able to open the guide and see all my channels from the networks, OTA channels from the antenna, and live feeds from the addons work be a work of art.  I'm happy to test Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DRM addons0