• 2(current)
v18 Rar Archive Support
Do a clean install please.
(2018-03-09, 01:47)jjd-uk Wrote: Do a clean install please.
I did and found the culprit! There's two VFS plugins. I didn't enable Archive support, only RAR Archive Support, and now it seems everything is working the way it should. I went ahead and installed the latest alpha and it still works. Can you try?
What version of Windows do you run?
(2018-03-09, 12:04)jjd-uk Wrote: What version of Windows do you run?
 Windows 10 Pro 1709, 16299.251.
Ok thanks, was asking as I seemed to be having behaviour exactly matching yours on a Windows 7 pc, I had done my previous tests on Windows 10.
Ok. Maybe we should see if it is the same on other platforms? I only have Android (smartphone) to check. Can test it later tonight.
Just tested this on Android - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running kodi-20180308-f0dce70c-master-arm64-v8a.apk. Same results so this isn't OS specific.
I am missing the rar Archive Support on my Nvidia Shield with Kodi18. Where can i found the vfs Plugin?
ok, i found it under Virtual System....
I found 2 Plugins. "archive support" and "rar archive support"
I think "rar archive support" is the right thing.
archive support does rar and more.
I just got it to work by disabling Archive support but enabling RAR archive support. The former makes my Kodi crash. (Win10 x64 non-UWP.)

Archive support version 1.0.4.
RAR archive support version 2.0.5.
(2019-01-31, 19:53)zetruz Wrote: I just got it to work by disabling Archive support but enabling RAR archive support. The former makes my Kodi crash. (Win10 x64 non-UWP.)

Archive support version 1.0.4.
RAR archive support version 2.0.5.
 I'm the OP. That was exactly how it was for me too. Both enabled, RAR not working. RAR Archive Support only worked and still does. I don't remember Kodi crashing though, just that Kodi wouldn't even read the RAR archives with both enabled.
Confirmed fixed by enabling RAR archive support but not Archive support.

I have to wonder why this had to be done. Remove a stable feature, bring it back as an addon which has an ambigously named sibling that breaks the feature if enabled. All without any warning in the interface, in a release labeled RC.
(2019-02-02, 15:23)nevernow Wrote: I have to wonder why this had to be done.
See it as a building bucket. Not everyone with Kodi uses RAR'd content (which is ludicrous anyway unless you're a newsgroup fanboy), add-ons are also easier to fix and upgrade instead of one big application blob, and the main Kodi application becomes leaner.
Wink 
(2019-02-02, 15:33)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 15:23)nevernow Wrote: I have to wonder why this had to be done.
See it as a building bucket. Not everyone with Kodi uses RAR'd content (which is ludicrous anyway unless you're a newsgroup fanboy), add-ons are also easier to fix and upgrade instead of one big application blob, and the main Kodi application becomes leaner.   
First of all, thanks for your reply. I understand and actually agree moving to a more modular model and keeping the core application lean. I still think the relevant add-on should be enabled by default after the transition and there shouldn't another, similar, conflicting one available.

Now speaking of my case (and yes, I am a newsgroup fanboy Big Grin), after the upgrade to Leia RC all my RAR'd content was gone from the library, because the respective directories appeared empty to the now-non-RAR-aware scraper. After enabling the RAR VFS add-on, new RAR'd content is correctly scraped and added to the library, but all previously existing content (all that was "lost in transition") is skipped due to no change. Is there a way to bring it all back without going into each directory and changing something to trigger the scraper? Thanks!

Edit: I managed to trigger a full scan by disabling fasthash, but I still consider the whole situation less than ideal, especially with the RAR add-on being disabled by default.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rar Archive Support1