• 4(current)
v18 Rar Archive Support
Still not working in 18,2 [emoji26]
(2019-05-01, 17:16)Faltaren Wrote: Still not working in 18,2 [emoji26]
I got it work after installing the addon: Add-on:RAR_archive_support (wiki)
Hmm i tried it. Maybe have give it another try
It very wierd. I can find them trough the files but not on tv shows. Episodes are just folders and not added.
(2019-05-01, 19:07)Faltaren Wrote: It very wierd. I can find them trough the files but not on tv shows. Episodes are just folders and not added.

I disagree that it is working in 18.2? Also, I'm not sure why one would post that "it works with archive:rar plugin" when Spiff made it clear that vfs addon is antiquated for rars, ironically, with just the archive:rar enabled, I cant even see zips (for example). for me it does not work any differently than reported in 18.1 with either plugin. I've also tested it on two different windows 8.1 installs on different machines.
Got it to work. Sort of. Rar and archive cant be active at the same time. Kodi crashes. And dlna dosent work anymore. Can find all the files but cant playthem.
Stupid post
Still the dlna problem
(2019-05-02, 07:26)Snaah Wrote: I'm the OP. Why don't you all read the whole thread? I discovered it only works with Rar Archive Support activated, not both, a year ago. Worked well on the Windows Kodi v18 beta a year ago and working on 18.2 now. Try again people.

[Written by my thumbs on a state-of-the-art Ericsson Hotline 450.] 

Good evening Snaah. I think you should take your own advice since you need it more than I do. At least you presumed I didn't read it, but clearly you did not. I have indeed read the entire thread. And, I've read what the maintainer of the addon said as well on other related threads. Your testing, and the testing others did in this thread had the most sense and apparent success. In fact, you said, "We should check that it works on other platforms....." -  guess what, it doesn't work on all of them it seems.

Regardless of what anyone else has said - I reported IN DETAIL what my experience is; hoping we could get a little farther. Clearly we have differences, perhaps specifically Windows 8.1 vs. Windows 10. That would suck if its the case (I have reasons to be on 8.1).

Spiff indicated the RAR support Addon is deprecated, so while it works for you and at least some others, for me, it literally does not, it does not play. ALSO, it does not even see *.ZIP. It plays ISO's, but Kodi crashes when the ISO is stopped.

So I guess at this point, I'm wondering 2 things - (1) is vfs rar support actually deprecated? because RAR is not the only archive type out there, so even if we get it working using VFS RAR, there are files it wont see. If it is deprecated, does vfs archive support need to be patched or does the core of Kodi as Spiff suggested. Is anyone looking into it (besides me? and I wont be solving it quickly lol)...

And - (2) Is anyone else still using Windows 8.1? If so.... is either plugin working for youHuh

Thanks!!!

On the DLNA comment, I dont think DLNA content has ever worked in Kodi? It would be awesome if it did, but that would probaby belong in a new or other thread.  I'd like to get other input or movement on the OP thread topic
(2018-03-09, 21:31)Snaah Wrote: Ok. Maybe we should see if it is the same on other platforms? I only have Android (smartphone) to check. Can test it later tonight.

"No"
The dlna service in kodi.
(2019-05-03, 04:15)noybman Wrote:
(2019-05-02, 07:26)Snaah Wrote: I'm the OP. Why don't you all read the whole thread? I discovered it only works with Rar Archive Support activated, not both, a year ago. Worked well on the Windows Kodi v18 beta a year ago and working on 18.2 now. Try again people.

Good evening Snaah. I think you should take your own advice since you need it more than I do. At least you presumed I didn't read it, but clearly you did not. I have indeed read the entire thread. And, I've read what the maintainer of the addon said as well on other related threads. Your testing, and the testing others did in this thread had the most sense and apparent success. In fact, you said, "We should check that it works on other platforms....." -  guess what, it doesn't work on all of them it seems.

Regardless of what anyone else has said - I reported IN DETAIL what my experience is; hoping we could get a little farther. Clearly we have differences, perhaps specifically Windows 8.1 vs. Windows 10. That would suck if its the case (I have reasons to be on 8.1).

Spiff indicated the RAR support Addon is deprecated, so while it works for you and at least some others, for me, it literally does not, it does not play. ALSO, it does not even see *.ZIP. It plays ISO's, but Kodi crashes when the ISO is stopped.

So I guess at this point, I'm wondering 2 things - (1) is vfs rar support actually deprecated? because RAR is not the only archive type out there, so even if we get it working using VFS RAR, there are files it wont see. If it is deprecated, does vfs archive support need to be patched or does the core of Kodi as Spiff suggested. Is anyone looking into it (besides me? and I wont be solving it quickly lol)...

And - (2) Is anyone else still using Windows 8.1? If so.... is either plugin working for youHuh

Thanks!!!

On the DLNA comment, I dont think DLNA content has ever worked in Kodi? It would be awesome if it did, but that would probaby belong in a new or other thread.  I'd like to get other input or movement on the OP thread topic
Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. Somehow I read you were all talking Windows.

EDIT: I posted in Windows. Thread should be moved.

(2019-05-01, 17:16)Faltaren Wrote: Still not working in 18,2 [emoji26]

Technically it does work, with the right add-on and file structure. What's your situation and what's your current problem?
Worked in 17,6. I have rar archives. I use the rar addon and can play in kodi. When i use vlc and the dlna on my Phone i can find everything but cant play. It never stop loading. Android 9.
Video 
(2019-05-03, 09:26)Snaah Wrote: Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. Somehow I read you were all talking Windows.

EDIT: I posted in Windows. Thread should be moved.

That would certainly explain some differences! Although, at this point, given that you solved your issue on mobile, and (Windows 10? is what you said no?) It should probably stay right here in Windows. Asat least I still have an issue and there haven't been any workable solutions. I've tested on two different Windows 8.1 computers. Its possible the majority of people on windows have all gone Windows 10 since it was free. It's also possible most people havent upgraded since Leia is new enough. Or lastly, maybe its just my computer setups! :/

Mostly, it seems people want to chastize me for using Windows 8.1 still. I use it as I haven't cut the cord fully, and WMC (with a Cable Card) is still supported on Windows 8. I suppose the Kodi team could choose to claim they do not support Windows 8 or 8.1 anymore. They could also choose to indicate they wont be supporting RAR, ZIP, ISO etc.. anymore.

For me, playing with RAR VFS just doesnt play anything. Playing with the newer (apparently the replacement for VFS RAR) archive support, crashes Kodi. I listed it all out with post# 44 & 45. I suppose I will go try it on my android and see if it works! lol.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rar Archive Support1