• 6(current)
v18 Rar Archive Support
anyone still have a copy of vfs.rar 2.0.8 ?? That plus 18.5 worked great for me.

Since updating to 18.6 and 2.3.1 it has been slow as molasses for me. A scan that normally would take 30-45 minutes has now been going for 10+ hours and is only like halfway thru.

EDIT:
Found a copy of 2.0.8. Will install it into my 18.6 setup and see what happens. Otherwise, going back to 18.5 and not sure what I will do in the future.

EDIT2:
2.0.8 and 18.6 working so far. Under 2.3.1 was taking ~15 hours to scan my large tv library to look for new files. With 2.0.8 takes about an hour.
Has this or is this an ongoing issue still ? I have had a rough few days in having messed up an install and starting fresh. Now the usual simple first step of downloading a fresh kodi and starting to add stuff to library has presented me with issue after issue on having the bloody program to detect RAR files. Ive gone through a bunch of stuff above but cant seem to find any solution to get my Nvidia Shield to detect my RAR files..
With the latest version of this addon all my subtitles from Subs folder gets scanned into the library and shows up as a duplicate of an episode.
So now all my shows have Season 1 ep1 ep1, ep2 ep2, etc etc.  It made a complete mess of my shows.
reverted back to 2.08 and its all fine.  using kodi 18.6 atm
(2020-07-01, 07:38)sanity Wrote: With the latest version of this addon all my subtitles from Subs folder gets scanned into the library and shows up as a duplicate of an episode.
So now all my shows have Season 1 ep1 ep1, ep2 ep2, etc etc.  It made a complete mess of my shows.

Hi

How do you revert to older version? I have the same problem with 2.3.1 version + Kodi 18.8. All my episodes are doubled. One pointing to the .sub file and one pointing to the .mkv.
(2020-09-15, 13:34)Henke123 Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 07:38)sanity Wrote: With the latest version of this addon all my subtitles from Subs folder gets scanned into the library and shows up as a duplicate of an episode.

Hi

How do you revert to older version? I have the same problem with 2.3.1 version + Kodi 18.8. All my episodes are doubled. One pointing to the .sub file and one pointing to the .mkv.
I used this link and just installed an older version
http://kodi.mirror.liteserver.nl/addons/...ws-x86_64/
(2020-09-15, 20:19)sanity Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 13:34)Henke123 Wrote:

Hi

I used this link and just installed an older version
http://kodi.mirror.liteserver.nl/addons/...ws-x86_64/
Thank you Sanity. I will have to figure out a way how to revert on my Nvidia Shield where I dont have a keyboard nor browser. Im sure there is a way for that.

Two things i reflected about regarding this issue.
1- The version 2.3.1 was released in April 25 according to "https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.rar/releases" assuming that I have had "auto-update" on then how come this problem occurs now? its a bit strange to me.
2- Why is this only impacting to TV episodes and not movies. Who also have separate folder with .sub file in it. 

Anyhow thanks for the tip. Hope the author of the addon looks into this issue.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18232
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
2.3.2 was updated in September. Now any of my large iso's are not working, and as others have reported, scans take a lifetime.

I went to go see if I could roll back to 2.0.8 tried and true and it has been removed, only 2.3.0 - 2.3.2 are available (Windows).  Can someone provide 2.0.8 again? It's not broke, and I don't want someone to fix it.
(2020-05-19, 20:33)pletopia Wrote: Found a copy of 2.0.8. Will install it into my 18.6 setup and see what happens. Otherwise, going back to 18.5 and not sure what I will do in the future.

EDIT2:
2.0.8 and 18.6 working so far. Under 2.3.1 was taking ~15 hours to scan my large tv library to look for new files. With 2.0.8 takes about an hour.
@sanity and @pletopia 

You guys happen to still have 2.0.8 (or 2.0.7) ? I'm having issues with 2.3.X as well. It locks up some rars in my folders and won't let me delete them. The links mentioned here before only contain the newer versions.

EDIT: Managed to re-create the 2.0.8 zip from an older backup of Kodi.
RAR Archive support broken in 19.0?
Is it possible to find 2.0.8 for android? I’ve been having problems with this for quite some time until I understand what’s causing my problems. Downgraded to 2.0.8 on my computer but I would like to downgrade on my android boxes too.
I’m using Kodi 18.9 and rar archive 2.3.2. I hope there comes a working version soon.
(2020-11-22, 21:16)corb06 Wrote: RAR Archive support broken in 19.0?

I am wondering the same.
Currently on Libreelec nightly (with HDR support) and it seems the addon is constantly unpacking stuff in the background.
It throws errors like "not enough memory to unpack"  and "rar archive support, not enough memory to decompress files" etc.

The movies do play fine though. but pretty annoying messages.
(2019-03-13, 10:13)spiff Wrote: yes that makes sense. but it is not caused by the vfs add-ons. it is caused by other, generic, changes in kodi 18.x. f
ix has not been committed, it's a pull request. you can build the branch if you want to test it.
hello spiff, when will you update RAR and Archive plugins for Kodi 19?
guys, I just updated and its not worth it at all, half of old plugins dont work and there is nothing new, dont update to Kodi 19 if you were using RAR plugin because it doesnt work anymore Sad
(2021-02-25, 02:44)Angel2 Wrote: because it doesnt work anymore
Do you want to explain exactly what the problem is? What you wrote is of absolutely no help at all.

Describe EXACTLY what the problem is and provide a Debug Log that captures the problem you describe.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-25, 03:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 02:44)Angel2 Wrote: because it doesnt work anymore
Do you want to explain exactly what the problem is? What you wrote is of absolutely no help at all.

Describe EXACTLY what the problem is and provide a Debug Log that captures the problem you describe.

After upgrading to Kodi 19, I cant enable RAR and Archive addons from spiff, because it says that these addons are not supported by Kodi 19.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rar Archive Support1