• 5(current)
v17 TVDB scraper failing login to thetvdb API suddenly
yeah it was fine after the 3.0.2 update but later on it scraped 1/2 my show then the rest with no thumbnails or info then it went down was weird.
..and the scrapper had a slowing scrapping of a content
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
Tongue 
Still having problems here after update to 3.0.2.  Getting 503 service unavailable errors. No new episodes are being scraped.  Thought maybe the update had failed for some reason so I downloaded 3.0.2.zip directly and installed from zip and still no luck.  Anyone else still having problems?

Duke
Same issue. Was working fine last night, but also getting 503 errors this morning.

Can post log if required.
Yes, the site appears to be down right now. I was able to rebuild the video db on one of my kodi's earlier today, but can't now, with the 3.0.2 scraper.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/api.thetvdb.com.html
yep the 3.0.2 is Down
last night still can
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2018-05-28, 22:45)olympia Wrote: guys, stop moaning about API keys - the root cause of this issue was nothing to do with the API key and by the way, thetvdb.com has never revoked our API key. It is themoviedb.org where we regularly have the key issue due to the piracy addons and mpaa takedown requests as a consequence. 

This issue was due to a change in the output of thetvdb.com api response and an adjustment was needed to adopt. It is as simple as that. Please stop the whining.
Maybe tone down your attitude a bit..."mr olympia"?  Most of us are grownups here and talking down to us in that manner, leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

People come here to ask for and give advice, not to be scolded like naughty children.
@MightyQuin

2 Posts and already berating the Developers of the project. I suggest that you follow your own advice.

The poster, that olympia responded to, was completely wrong in his/her assumptions.

There was no malice in the post... and you seem to forget that not all members here are native English speakers. It would be wise to remember and make allowance for that in future!!
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i wonder why filebot with tvdb scraper still works. is it using a different way to connect or something.
(2018-05-29, 06:40)Karellen Wrote: @MightyQuin

2 Posts and already berating the Developers of the project. I suggest that you follow your own advice.

The poster, that olympia responded to, was completely wrong in his/her assumptions.

There was no malice in the post... and you seem to forget that not all members here are native English speakers. It would be wise to remember and make allowance for that in future!!
Being a developer doesn't make you immune to having good manners and being courteous.

Being new to a forum doesn't mean I should not have a general opinion.

It's quite obvious when using words like "whining" and "moaning" that that specific member's English is extremely good and he/she is a very good English speaker.

I reiterate: the fact that the poster was "completely wrong in his/her assumptions." does not mean that there was moaning and whining involved.

That response is more indicative of someone that has become irritated by the actual technical problem and all the questions arising from it. A lot like the technician that gets 100 phone calls from the users at the same company, to tell him that their internet is down.

We come here asking for help and also to provide help as that is what an open forum is for isn't it? 

Thus far I haven't seen anyone, myself included be rude to or insult any developers/moderators on this forum.
Now that you have bashed your way into the forum... good luck.

If you are not happy, ask for a refund. Oh wait... we volunteer to help you... hmmmm
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-05-29, 07:01)Karellen Wrote: Now that you have bashed your way into the forum... good luck.

If you are not happy, ask for a refund. Oh wait... we volunteer to help you... hmmmm
 I haven't bashed my way in here at all. I joined yesterday to ask a general question re. something I've been struggling with.

I came across this thread and the first thing I saw was a poster being berated for "being wrong". And I thought I'll say something...

But inevitably I've walked into a forum where "developers" like yourself, think you are superior to others just because you know more than them. And when that attitude is mentioned, you respond, both here and in the thread I started, like a petulant child that reverts to insults and foot stomping, as soon as facts and logic start to show its ugly head inside the debate.

You may know more about KODI than SOME people on this forum, but that is probably as far as your superiority in general life stretches.

So take note Karellen...you are not a real Overlord.
Just checked the API availability again (thanks to mikeb8591 for link), and it's reporting that it's currently under maintenance with an estimated downtime of 5½ hours. Let's hope they don't change something again...
I just did a fresh install of Leia on a new laptop just now and its TVDB scraper works without issue while my 2 existing machines on Krypton fail with a 503 error.
Tested this by installing a second Kodi installation alongside Krypton on the same machine. Leia scrapes, Krypton doesn't.  I'm guessing for some of us this may be to do with addons or other changes to our setups.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB scraper failing login to thetvdb API suddenly0