Partitions mounted under /media seen as removable USB storage
I have two partitions mounted to sub-directories under /media. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why a fresh install of kodi listed those folders in the files section, nor could I remove them. Upon seeing the context menu option "Safely Remove", I realized Kodi was automatically adding these as if they were USB drives. How can I prevent this or at least remove them from the files list? Running Ubuntu Server 14.04.
What distro?

Also, /media is not the place to mount drives (assuming that is what you mean, your subject line and the body of your post disagree). . They should be mounted to /mnt
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yep I was typing faster than I was thinking, edited OP. 

All debates aside from where they SHOULD be mounted, there they are mounted in /media. Is there a way to prevent them from showing up in the files?
Got it removed from "Videos" and "Music" at least. Added the following to adavancedsettings.xml
xml:

<video>
   <excludefromlisting>
     <regexp>^/media/somedir</regexp>
   </excludefromlisting>
</video>
<audio>
  <excludefromlisting>
    <regexp>^/media/somedir</regexp>
  </excludefromlisting>
</audio>
Perhaps there is a more universal way to make Kodi not recognize them as removable media?
(2018-03-09, 03:54)cub88 Wrote: Perhaps there is a more universal way to make Kodi not recognize them as removable media?

That was mentioned above.

Also there's still the outstanding question about the distro you are using. Ubuntu and gnome for example automatically lists drives mounted in /media/ on its dekstop IIRC (at least there's a setting for it).  So if you don't want them to be listed, just try using a different mountpoint as mentioned above. Partitions, that are mounted temporary, should be mounted under /mnt/. As it's mounted manually, if I understand correctly, it should be a fast test, or not?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Partitions mounted under /media seen as removable USB storage0