ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch) and MCE remote mapping.
Hi, 

I've been trying to map a button(rewind) to launch the subtitle search window from my remote, a Logitech Harmony 525 set up as a MCE remote. 
However, I can't seem to get it to work.
I've tried editing the keyboard.xml with:
Code:
<remote>
   <rewind>ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch></rewind>
</remote>

And I've tried with the MCE remote plugin as well as the Keymap editor plugin. None of these options has worked. 
A thread I came across suggested that I write <u>ActivateWindow...</u>, that didn't work either(or maybe I did it wrong).

Now I think I have read all wiki posts concerning the matter as well as googled and searched the forum for quite some time. 
Can anyone help me a bit? Would be really appreciated!

I'm on Kodi 17.6, Windows 8.1 and Aeon Nox skin.

Thanks for your time.
Ok, so I kinda solved it.
Instead of trying to map the rewind button on the remote directly, I mapped the ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch) to a keyboard button (F7 in my case) and then mapped it to the rewind button in Eventghost. 
Alternatively I think you can use the mceremotemapper tool to do the same without Eventghost. But for me it wass just easier to use Eventghost since I already use it for other things on my htpc.
(2018-03-08, 11:17)Alex.L Wrote: I've tried editing the keyboard.xml with:
Code:
<remote>
</remote>

The rewind-button is named "reverse" and you seem to have used a wrong closing bracket for the built-in function (i.e. ">" instead of ")" )so:
Code:
<remote>
   <reverse>ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</reverse>
</remote>
should work.
(2018-03-09, 14:21)Quihico Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 11:17)Alex.L Wrote: I've tried editing the keyboard.xml with:
Code:
<remote>
</remote>

The rewind-button is named "reverse" and you seem to have used a wrong closing bracket for the built-in function (i.e. ">" instead of ")" )so:
Code:
<remote>
   <reverse>ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</reverse>
</remote>
should work. 

Thanks so much!
The closing bracket was a mistype here, didn't see it because I'm writing on my phone.

Will try with reverse instead, thanks again. Don't know how I missed something so obvious.

Edit:

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61529">subtitledelayminus</key>
            <key id="61512">subtitledelayplus</key>
            <F7>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</F7>
        </keyboard>
        <remote>
            <forward>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</forward>
        </remote>

</global>
</keymap>

Kind of strange. Tried mapping the fast forward button as you suggested, just to try it out. However it's not working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch) and MCE remote mapping.0