[Newbie] Kids Filter
Hi,
Im a kodi newbie and just picked up a Vero 4K today and looking to setup Kodi later today.

I currently have all my videos stored in a single location and would like to create a separate section for the kids to view their own videos.
I know theres a few ways of filtering content but ideally im looking for the simplest method that suits my needs.

If possible, id like a custom home button at the very beginning (that defaults to 'Kids') which then directly opens up to display a the kids rated movies.
Ive found a out how to create the custom menu here but im still unsure how to best filter the videos.

Ive thought about Playlists, but wasnt sure if I could link the home button easily/directly to a playlist? I dont want the kids to enter their section and then have to drill down through several menus to get to their content.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Maybe use profiles and assign different sources per profile
(2018-03-08, 18:30)Atreyu Wrote: Maybe use profiles and assign different sources per profile
 Hi - thanks for this, Profiles seem a good way to go.
The sources will be from the same location, so under one profile (Kids) I would just need to find a way to filter all movies. Can filters be placed on the default source / scrape so it doesnt include anything other than MPAA rating U ?
playlists (wiki) and video nodes (wiki) can both do this.

However the default Estuary skin can't have custom items added to its menu, but many of the other skins available from the official repo can do this.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Have a look at the guide to create Custom Home Items... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_Home_Items
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Newbie] Kids Filter0