Win Replacement Desktop Interface
I'm new here so I hope this is in the right section, I was just wondering if I could use Kodi as My default UI for Win10? I'm new to PC and while I've learned alot and really know My way around it now, way more than ever, I still miss the simplicity of gaming console interfaces. Is there a way to just use as a skin for Win10? Do I have to import everything manually? Is there nothing built-in or do have to use add-ons? It seems to not see certain things in the file explorer but does work with My 360 controller & I just was hoping to be able to use this as a more streamlined way of using/accessing My PC if that was in any way possible. Thanks! Big Grin
The normal Windows desktop uses what’s know as the Explorer shell, if you don’t need this at all then you can set Kodi to replace this shell, the easiest way for someone new to this is with this tool https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798

If you might new the normal desktop then probably best to just have Kodi autostart after login so you can return to the normal desktop at any time, configuring auto start can also be done with tool linked above.
Jjd-uk suggestion is actually something that worked great for me a while back when using Windows for Kodi.
I have my Kodi PC set up with the shell method. Instead of the Explorer Shell launching, File Explorer and the Start Bar, it launches EventGhost which launches Kodi immediately. I use EventGhost for remote control functionality as well as some other things. You don't have to use EG, depending on your set up.

I recommend the shell method because it gives a closer to "set-top box" like UI for your HTPC. However, it prevents the Start Bar from appearing, which can prevent you from changing settings in software that puts those settings as taskbar icons. The taskbar icons don't appear since they are apart of the Start Bar, or Taskbar, whatever the bar with the Start Menu is supposed to be called. You can always call up File Explorer with the Task Manager, of course.
If you don't want the windows interface, why not use libreelec?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thumbs Up 
Thank you so much for all the replies, seems I'm still learning new stuff every day, I had no idea I could replace the Windows Shell, that's awesome. When I made My new computer, I tried to make it as close to a console experience as possible with stuff like Controller Companion & Pin Steam but this will definitely make it alot easier to navigate which will also help My friend who's building a PC for the 1st time Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
(2018-03-08, 20:24)jjd-uk Wrote: The normal Windows desktop uses what’s know as the Explorer shell, if you don’t need this at all then you can set Kodi to replace this shell, the easiest way for someone new to this is with this tool https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798

If you might new the normal desktop then probably best to just have Kodi autostart after login so you can return to the normal desktop at any time, configuring auto start can also be done with tool linked above.

I will definitely do this, thanks!
(2018-03-09, 22:50)nickr Wrote: If you don't want the windows interface, why not use libreelec?

I do have libreelec & emby downloaded as well

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement Desktop Interface0