Deleting duplicate library on Pi3
Hi, I hope this is the correct place to post. I'm new to both Raspberry and Kodi so please bare with me.

In setting up Kodi to my NAS I varied the source and ended up with 2 versions video library - video (2) and video (3). When I update I get some movie files duplicated and I've spent hours deleting the duplicates only to find on my next update they are back again. I can only assume it is because one of the two libraries is replacing them.

Therefore, how do I delete one of the two video libraries? Nowhere can I find that in the wiki.

I have over 3000 movies so it's a pain. I can live with the duplicates I guess but I thought you guys and gals may have a solution.

Cheers, John
https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...ove_Source

Remove the source you don't need. If you're already deleted it you'll need to add it back then remove it (as detailed in note in step 6) answering "Yes" to the prompt "Do you want to remove all items within this path from your library?"
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Many thanks but the wiki page you refer to looks and acts nothing like my version - 17.6 - unless I'm going mad.

When I enter "Videos" from the main menue I get a screen showing two lines: Categories and Media sources. The former line shows Movies, TV shows, Music Videos, Files, playlists and video addons. When I enter Files, it shows a page containing 10 selection boxes - genres, a/z title etc. Context menus show play, queue or add to favorites.

In step two of the wiki section 5.1, it shows the page with Videos at top left, and beneath "sort by: name 1/4". My page shows  Movies and names 1/9. So "file" on the page in the wiki leads somewhere completely different to my version! That is why I posted as I am at a loss with the wiki.
What version Kodi are you using?

Ignore. Just saw it in your first line.

You are using Kodi, and not a fork of Kodi?

Can you post a screen shot of what you see when you enter Videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I hope this works. My raspberry is connected to my TV via hdmi so a screenshot is not possible but I attach a pic which I hope you can see ok. It's only part of the scrolling display.

Cheers

Doesn't appear to have an attach file function
If the image is on your computer, then use button 19. If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, then use button 14

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
ok - wow that's big, sorryImage
On the frist row, you see "Files". That´s what the wiki mentions as well: Enter Videos>Files . After you select that, your sources will be listed in the next window. Then navigate to the specific source, open up the context menu and select "remove source".

That should do what Milhouse mentioned.
When I select files I get this, as mentioned in my reply above.Image
I have also just discovered that in system/media settings/managing sources/videos, the screen shown in the above pic crops up again.

Should I format the Raspberry and start again as something must be wrong somewhere?
(2018-03-09, 10:51)johnrxx99 Wrote: When I select files I get this, as mentioned in my reply above.

Are you sure, that you hit "Files" and not probably "Movies" which is also mentioned as the header of that page Wink

Btw. the reason because the view is completely different in regard to the wiki is, that you changed it Wink. From the view above just navigate completely to the left and select Wide List instead of Icon Wall as the Viewtype
(2018-03-09, 11:15)johnrxx99 Wrote: Should I format the Raspberry and start again as something must be wrong somewhere?

Personally I don´t think so. SSHing in and removing either the guisettings.xml or renaming the ~/.kodi-folder to something else like ~/kodi-bak should absolutely be enough.

Sure, a fresh installation wouldn´t hurt at all if you want to spend the time with re-installing and re-organizing your library. But removing the .kodi folder is like a factory reset for Kodi and everything is like it was after the initial installation. The benefit for renaming the .kodi folder is, that everything which was setup before, will be stored in the renamed folder. Kodi just don´t recognzie it anymore. So you can see if the behaviour is still the same and probably copy specific things over to the new .kodi folder which is automatically created after the next start of Kodi. For example you can copy the sources.xml (after editing it and removing specific entries probably) and/or the database-files.
Yeah right, lol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting duplicate library on Pi30