Locking down Media Sources
Hi all,

I'm setting up a Raspberry Pi 3 with set of pre-loaded videos, and I want to make sure the person receiving the RasPi cannot delete the videos.
I'm using OpenELEC 8.0.4, so it running Kodi 17.3.

I can make the videos undeletable by ssh'ing into the unit and chmodding the videos to read-only (444).

HOWEVER, once I have the Media source setup correctly in the unit, I can still edit and/or delete the media source.  I've tried setting the /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml to read-only (444), but that didn't seem to work, as I could still delete the media source.

In Kodi, how can I prevent modifying or deleting a Media Source?

(I don't have any issues if I would need to hand-modify any xml settings via ssh, I just need to make sure that the videos are easily accessible)
You could also create a profile for the user and make this the permanent login profile. At this profile you are able to lock everything with a password. The complete settings can be locked with a password and IIRC the context menu as well.

You can then either disable SSH completely (which you could enable again with the master-profile where you have the password for) or disable the password authentication and use SSH keys. As you are the only one (hopefully) who might have the private key, you are the only one who might be able to log in.
Thanks!  I think this may be exactly what I need.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locking down Media Sources0