Kodi wont keep the audio settings set to WASAPI
Hi all!

Using Kodi (latest public release) on windows 10 with an ATMOS receiver (HDMI GTX 1050ti)

For some reason, after a few reboots and Kodi launches, Kodi defaults its audio settings back to Direct sound (which does not support DTS HD and Dolby THD) and I have to change it back to WASAPI in order to regain these features.  Its not broken as all I have to do it go back into the Kodi settings and change it, but has anyone heard of anything like this or why the settings would change?  Is there a file I can set to read only so Kodi locks in WASAPI as its default sound setting?

Thanks all!
I think this can happen if you switch your HTPC on before your receiver (or your receiver is not listening to your HTPC when you switch it on). In this situation, your HTPC can default to its onboard audio and DirectSound.

At least that's what used to happen to me.

My solution was to disable all audio devices on the HTPC except my receiver - that way it can't default to anything different.

Andy
Awesome!!  Will try that when i get home and report back!  Thanks so much.
Ok so that seemed to fix it.  I turned on the media center in all different orders (AVR first, PC first etc) but setting it to WASAPI default instead of the actual AVR name seemed to fix it!

Thanks a ton!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi wont keep the audio settings set to WASAPI0