How to Video out via composite RCA and Sound via HDMI
RCA / Composite video

How can I manage to have this combination working?

Video out via composite RCA and Sound via HDMI

If HDMI is plugged , composite does not provide a signal any more.

Thanks for hints.
I don't think you can - but what OS are you using, and why do you want to do this?
You may require an audio card, if what you want his good audio and composite video.
Derek
actually it is opposite.

when hdmi and  composite is plugged in, no sound on hdmi but video on composite.

how to enale hdmi just for sound?

Thanks
(2018-03-10, 10:25)dandnsmith Wrote: I don't think you can - but what OS are you using, and why do you want to do this?
You may require an audio card, if what you want his good audio and composite video.
 Hi
having an old TV without hdmi input 
AV receiver with hdmi 

running kodi on stretch 

thanks
" having an old TV without hdmi input  "
I thought it had to be something like that.
You may be fighting some chipset constraints.
I know its possible to have sound on both the HDMI and analog when getting video via HDMI - but don't know of a way of arranging what you desire.
Older TVs sometimes have more than one option for video input - does yours only have composite?
If it doesn't, then you either need some conversion for the sound to AV receiver, or for the HDMI to get composite analog video.
HTH
Derek
(2018-03-11, 11:55)dandnsmith Wrote: " having an old TV without hdmi input  "
I thought it had to be something like that.
You may be fighting some chipset constraints.
I know its possible to have sound on both the HDMI and analog when getting video via HDMI - but don't know of a way of arranging what you desire.
Older TVs sometimes have more than one option for video input - does yours only have composite?
If it doesn't, then you either need some conversion for the sound to AV receiver, or for the HDMI to get composite analog video.
HTH
 Hi
TV is only having composite and scart. and s-video.....old one.

so looks like there is no way to get hdmi sound out and video out at composite....

Thanks Thomas
No, that is not possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Video out via composite RCA and Sound via HDMI0