Couple Questions
feerlessleadr Wrote:1) when i dont use the advancedsettings.xml file files that are x CD1/2 stack fine, files that are x a/b stack fine but files that are x 1/2 don't (why would a/b stack and not 1/2)
I guess what Spiff is probably trying to get through to you is that Hollywood is full of sequels, and maybe you should reconsider your n/n+1 naming strategy for the long run.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:I guess what Spiff is probably trying to get through to you is that Hollywood is full of sequels, and maybe you should reconsider your n/n+1 naming strategy for the long run.

yea, i am going to be using the CD 1/2 for the long run but as i said i have close to 1,400 files named the other way and I really dont want to have to manually change all of those.
feerlessleadr Wrote:yea, i am going to be using the CD 1/2 for the long run but as i said i have close to 1,400 files named the other way and I really dont want to have to manually change all of those.

You may want to look into a program called 'Flexible Renamer'. It's free and you can rename your files in a flash. I use it for renaming batches of photos. Great program.
i'm not entirely sure how you configure it in windows, certainly not vista. but you should check that the your laptop and desktop dont both want to lead the game. i only know how to "do it" using samba
well i have googled everything i can think of to try and find a solution but the only solutions I can come up with are for linux since apparently this is something that is common to linux and windows sharing.

i am going to my gf's house later and i will try on her laptop with the same xbmc on this computer copied to hers. Maybe that will shed some light on my problem.
well i am at my gf's house right now, using her laptop with only one computer connected to this router (either wired or wireless) and 1 tivo connected (wired)

when i go to browse for the workgroup under smb i get the same error that i have been getting before.

her laptop uses xp. i am also just using the installer found in the other thread. also, i have one of my xboxs here and i can confirm that smb sharing works to the xbox from the laptop and i have made sure that xbmc windows is in the same workgroup as the laptop.
If you read other threads in the forum you will find that more people can only connect to smb on the Windows port via IP (I take that's what this comment means)
feerlessleadr Wrote:but when i enter in the IP of my desktop it works fine.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=smb
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=180...stcount=59

If I recall my ancient MCSE correctly, master browser collision on Windows is solved via an election so if there are only Windows machines on the network it *should* not be an issue.
But you should also somehow be able to assign a preferred master browser status to one specific computer. But that is probably not your issue anyways, so....
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yea the IP isnt that much of a problem since i am running dd-wrt on my router i have assigned a permanent IP to my desktop. my only problem was i just like things to work Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple Questions0